Best PCU for a Gaming Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iraserei

Honorable
May 24, 2012
I heard the Intel Core i5 3750K Ivy Bridge was a good choice for just gaming. I am debating between the 3750k and the 3770k. I am a hardcore gamer who plays on the highest settings(duh). Which should i get?

Solution
D
The i7 3770K has Hyperthreading so is 4 cores with 8 threads. Hyperthreading is not useful for gaming but it better for video editing and rendering.

The i5 3750K is a quad core with no Hyperthreading so is just 4 cores 4 threads. It is better for just gaming.

Since you are looking at "K" model processors I assume you will overclock? Ivy Bridge is very good and roughly 8-10% faster clock for clock than Sandy Bridge but it gets hot, as such Sandy Bridge chips will probably overclock higher thus overcoming the slight speed advantage of the Ivy Bridge CPUs. An i5 2500K is still about as good as you can do for a gaming CPU.

nna2

Distinguished
you wont really see a difference because the only difference is 3750 uses HD 2500 graphics, and the 3770 uses hd 4000 graphics, so i hope as a hardcore gamer your not going to be using inegrated as is

EDIT: sorry got my cpu's mixed up

D

Deleted member 217926

The i7 3770K has Hyperthreading so is 4 cores with 8 threads. Hyperthreading is not useful for gaming but it better for video editing and rendering.

The i5 3750K is a quad core with no Hyperthreading so is just 4 cores 4 threads. It is better for just gaming.

Since you are looking at "K" model processors I assume you will overclock? Ivy Bridge is very good and roughly 8-10% faster clock for clock than Sandy Bridge but it gets hot, as such Sandy Bridge chips will probably overclock higher thus overcoming the slight speed advantage of the Ivy Bridge CPUs. An i5 2500K is still about as good as you can do for a gaming CPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS