Do I need a fan controller?

pcdad

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I have a Coolermaster HAF932 case with three 200mm fans and one 140mm fan. The cpu has a separate fan. The case has good air flow.
My motherboard is an Asus p8z68 deluxe/gen 3. All fans are plugged into the motherboard although only two are adjustable.
Would it be a waste of money to get a fan controller just to allow adjustments to the fans that are not adjustableon the motherboard?
If not, do you have any recommendadtions?

It's a waste unless your system is making too much noise for your comfort or you simply want to make it more quiet. The real question is whether the money for a fan controller is worth the benefit you will receive from the controller.

I love my fan controller...extra airflow if I need it but QUIET all the time. I have every 120mm fan in my case set to rotate at 1000RPM and I've never had any noise or heat issues. Have you tried adjusting your GPU fan with a program like Speedfan?

pcdad

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
The chassis and CPU fan can be controlled by ASUS Ai Suite which leave the three 200mm fans.
They are not controlled but really don't bother me so perhaps that answers my question.