Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Unable to install gtx 560 ti driver

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2011 5:03:15 AM

when install the driver from CD, it says The graphic adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current set of drivers"

I also downloaded the latest driver from nvidia official website(version 290.36) and it says "The graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware"

I also unistalled any nvidia version in the control pannel in both my Win7 and Vista operating systems and tried to run the installation again but no luck.

Can anyone help me please...

here is my PC equipment:
win7 64 bit
AMD phenom quad-core 9850™ 2.5 GHZ CPU
VGA Controller(VGA compatible) showed in device manager is missing right now because I have already uninstalled the previous video card driver
a c 158 Î Nvidia
December 10, 2011 11:42:56 AM

Have you tried installing it in safe mode?
Score
a c 171 Î Nvidia
December 10, 2011 12:02:40 PM

Make sure W7 is fully updated, you might have to force a couple manually.
Score
Related resources
December 10, 2011 4:42:15 PM

Agree with rolli59. Try uninstalling/re-installing in safe mode. Can't hurt to run Driver Sweeper too. It'll clean up all the left over stuff from driver installations to make sure it's a clean install. http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
Score
December 10, 2011 4:49:24 PM

rolli59 said:
Have you tried installing it in safe mode?

Yes,but it would give me the same result .
Score
December 10, 2011 5:44:18 PM

soloburrito said:
Agree with rolli59. Try uninstalling/re-installing in safe mode. Can't hurt to run Driver Sweeper too. It'll clean up all the left over stuff from driver installations to make sure it's a clean install. http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html

Yes, before I post his thread, I have already downloaded the Driver Sweeper v3.2.0, and in safe mode, I selected display and analyse and then cleaned them all. right now if I run Driver Sweeper again, there is no more files can be found in Nvida or AMD display option, they are all cleared.

My system is win7 sp1, and I think is up to date already ,checked in the Updates already.
Score

Best solution

a c 171 Î Nvidia
December 10, 2011 5:47:03 PM

zeuso0 said:
checked in the Updates already.

Keep checking. I had the same issue with my GTX560's and after a bit of trying an update was found and the drivers installed.
December 10, 2011 9:52:09 PM

Best answer selected by zeuso0.
Score
December 10, 2011 9:52:19 PM

Thanks
Score
!