All Programs: show only most recently used programs

I just upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP on my desktop. Now
there was a feature in Win2K that I'd like to get working on XP as
well. I have my All Programs menu set to scroll. I used to do this on
Win 2K as well. However on Win 2K it used to show only the most
recently used programs and hide everything else until you clicked on a
downarrow button, at which point it would show everything (still
scrolled though). I found this feature very convenient, does it exist
anymore on XP?

Yousuf Khan

Hi

Right click on the Start button and select Properties>Customise - then
scroll down the list and enable 'Use Personalised Menus'.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<OxK0biLoEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> Right click on the Start button and select Properties>Customise - then
> scroll down the list and enable 'Use Personalised Menus'.

Seems like this only exists if you're using the Classic Start Menu
rather than the new Start Menu. I couldn't find the "Use Personalised
Menus" in new Start Menu, but it existed in the old one.

Yousuf Khan

Hi

Yes, that option is is only available with the Classic Start Menu.