Button on Win Exp toolbar to go direct to folder?

September 22, 2004 8:41:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is it possible for me to put a button or icon on the Windows Explorer
toolbar such that when I click it I go to a favorite folder of mine?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 8:41:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I don't think you can put it on the Explorer toolbar, but you can put it on
the task bar. Go to Explorer, find your folder and then drag it to the task
bar.

"Maerko" wrote:

> Is it possible for me to put a button or icon on the Windows Explorer
> toolbar such that when I click it I go to a favorite folder of mine?

September 22, 2004 8:41:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Yes. Use the links tool bar and put a favorite link in it to your folder.
View, toolbars, links. Then browse to your folder and drag and drop the
folder location from the address bar to the links bar.

"Maerko" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible for me to put a button or icon on the Windows Explorer
> toolbar such that when I click it I go to a favorite folder of mine?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 22, 2004 8:41:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

The easiest route would be to have Windows Explorer open to your folder.
Use as an example.

Right click Windows Explorer/Properties and type this into the Target path:

d:\ can be modified for any folder/sub-folder you like. As in:
%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e,d:\My Stuff

Or you can add the folder to the Start button right click:

Add a Folder to the Start Button - Right Click (Line 124)

Add Windows Explorer to the Right Click (Line 170)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Maerko" <nomail@mail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible for me to put a button or icon on the Windows Explorer
> toolbar such that when I click it I go to a favorite folder of mine?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 8:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In news:C7A248AC-6E2E-448E-8A4B-71A958712E0D@microsoft.com,
hotmalejimv <hotmalejimv@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>I don't think you can put it on the Explorer toolbar, but you
>can put
> it on the task bar. Go to Explorer, find your folder and then
> drag it
> to the task bar.

A clarification here: you don't mean the task bar, but the "Quick
Launch" bar. Although by default, the Quick Launch bar sits on
the task bar, it doesn't have to, and can be dragged off and
placed on another side of the screen.

Please reply to the newsgroup

!