Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 8:54:58 AM

hey recently i washed up my graphic card but the fan is not working card is working so i go for RMA it service center people say that the warranty seal on graphic card is broken so he didn't exchange it what should i do

More about : graphic card

a c 153 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 8:59:49 AM

What do you mean you washed it up?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 9:35:21 AM

What brand is it?

Technically if you let it dry all the way it should still work.But it looks like it didn't and you may have damaged it.Was the card working before you washed it?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 10, 2011 10:02:40 AM

I can only picture some one throwing their gpu in the dishwasher, lmao.

elaborate please, I'm dying to know
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 10:17:01 AM

You wash it in the washing machine.. no way. Of course they don't let you do RMA.

Umm.. I guess you should buy A new GPU then. What is that GPU and what is your budget?
m
l
December 10, 2011 10:28:31 AM

why you washed it nothing should be done in this satuation go get a new gpu
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 10:40:31 AM

Which card do you have? Is the dead fan the only thing that is not working?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 12:10:00 PM

You can't use a dishwasher, that's to violent.You can however manually clean it.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 12:32:40 PM

purple stank said:
You can't use a dishwasher, that's to violent.You can however manually clean it.

I don't know why you are answering two times -_-
The OP hasn't answered yet?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:01:54 PM

I was just clarifying.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:10:59 PM

purple stank said:
I was just clarifying.

Oh Ok then. Sorry
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:36:59 PM

i have biostar gt 430 2 gb ddr3 gpu in which card is working but the fan still not be working
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:39:48 PM

purple stank said:
What brand is it?

Technically if you let it dry all the way it should still work.But it looks like it didn't and you may have damaged it.Was the card working before you washed it?

i have gt 430 2gb ddr3 gpu but card working fan does not working even dosen't move also
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:43:34 PM

assassin123 said:
why you washed it nothing should be done in this satuation go get a new gpu

hey but i didn't have too much money biostar gt430 ddr3 2gb i purchased by saving my pocket money my dad didn't
give me money for buy the new one what should i do
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:56:26 PM

First of all explain the situation what really happened with it and how you washed it. And why.
m
l
a c 175 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 1:59:20 PM

monu_08 said:
hey but i didn't have too much money biostar gt430 ddr3 2gb i purchased by saving my pocket money my dad didn't

You dance.

Seriously, why aren't you answering our questions? We asked you, HOW DO YOU WASH IT? (Sorry for using caps, but I have to do so because OP will know what our questions are). Maybe If we know how do you wash it we can give you a solution.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 2:02:48 PM

Helltech said:
What do you mean you washed it up?

i mean i watch youtube how to clean your gpu with water but i didn't know about when i washed my gpu warranty
seal is also washed up but the card is still working fan does not working service center people said that the card does not have warranty seal so it can not be exchanged help me out please i purchased by saving my pocket money my dad didn't know about it by the way mine was biostar gt 430 2gb ddr3 gpu i purchased 6 month ago hope it will help you to know what where i am suffering from i am afraid with my dad know about it help me please i m begging you
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 2:20:37 PM

Yah most of the time the sticky adhesive that holds the warranty stickers to the card will come off when it comes in contact with water.

How do you know the card works even if the fan doesn't? If the card truely works then you can just buy a replacement heatsink/fan.

This should work.Although buying directly from Arctic's website will be expensive so I suggest looking around for a 3rd party dealer.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/425/accelero-l2-p...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 3:06:14 PM

purple stank said:
Yah most of the time the sticky adhesive that holds the warranty stickers to the card will come off when it comes in contact with water.

How do you know the card works even if the fan doesn't? If the card truely works then you can just buy a replacement heatsink/fan.

This should work.Although buying directly from Arctic's website will be expensive so I suggest looking around for a 3rd party dealer.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/425/accelero-l2-p...

hey but i have biostar gt 430 2gb ddr3 but which type of heatsink fan fit is that 40mm or 50mm can you please
send the heatsink fan configuration because im not to expert in this situation
m
l
December 10, 2011 3:30:47 PM

monu_08 said:

Its too simple just save half of your pocketmoney or just save how you can and buy a new 1
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
December 10, 2011 5:06:38 PM

Yah I totally forgot about that.The GT430 is a very cheap card.In fact a replacement heatsink would cost half of what the GT430 is worth.It's just better to get a brand new one.
m
l
!