Any advice for a first-time computer builder? Rate my build too?

wifi_n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Any advice for a first time computer builder? Bonus points for rating my build.

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6850

ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless adapter

AMD FX 4100 (Quad Core)

Corsair Builder Series CX600 (600 Watts)

Altec Lansing 2.1 Speaker System (I do not at all care about sound)

ASUS M5A97 EVO Motherboard

Corsair Vengence 8GB RAM

Logitech Keyboard and Mouse Set (MK120)

Corsair Carbide 400R Case

ViewSonic VX2250WM 21.5" LED 1080p monitor

Windows 7 Ultimate
(My cousin goes to Indiana University where they sell Windows 7 Ultimate for $20. She owes me a favor. And I basically saved $200+. Epic win.)

Oh and some zip ties to help manage cables. I'm also salvaging 2 hard drives and a DVD drive to help save some money. Altogether, I spent about $760 (I had a $30 rebate from the graphics card) plus this build costed me a favor.

g-unit1111

Titan
It's a good start but FX is not good. There's way too many installation errors and software problems associated with it. Go Intel, or if you want to stick with AMD go with the 960T, or 970T.

Speakers and things like zip ties and wifi adapters are so cheap that they can be an afterthought. Get those last and put the money into getting the best hardware you can get. Most of what you have is certainly not bad but you'd definitely be wise to reconsider the FX-4100.

wifi_n

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Alright. I just went onto amazon and asked if I could cancel the fx 4100. If they say no, I'll just return the processor via amazon's 30 day return policy for electronics.