Which is the better brand for Psu's

davy_b

Honorable
May 19, 2012
ok i had a psu ordered but its on back order for a month so i cancelled the order and i need to find another one now , whats a good brand ??

heres what they recommended, he said seasonic are a good brand and that they have one on the shelf , also said they had coolermaster and bequiet available , are any of these good PSU's

would like it to be fully modular ??

heres what they sell

Antec
thermaltake
Silverstone
XFX
Coolermaster
Corsair
Bequiet
Seasonic
OCZ

Seasonic, XFX, Antec and Corsair (TX enthusiast line is better than the CX Builder line) are outstanding. Silverstone, Bequiet and OCZ are excellent, be more careful with the specific model that you purchase. Stay away from the Coolermaster Extreme Power PSUs - they are craptastic. The only PSU that I would consider from CM are the Silent Pro products.

I would personally get one of the Seasonic S12II or M12II, XFX Pro series, Corsair TX or Antec HCG. What are your system components?

davy_b

Honorable
May 19, 2012
thanks guys my build so far is

Cooler Master Cosmos 2

Z77 Asus Sabertooth

Intel i7 3770k CPU

Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 ,CPU Cooler

2 x 2GB Asus GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP

16GB Corsair Vengance LP Black 1600 Mhz

128Gb Samsung 830 SSD

1TB Western Digital Velociraptor HDD

ASUS BW-12B1LT blue-ray optical drive

Any of them will work ;)

FURTHER NOTICE

If you notice the fan not spinning up, this is one of the technologies in the power supply. The power supply is not on load so there is no need for the fan to spin up! Cool eh? :D

davy_b

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Went for the seasonic 1000w platinum in the end , I know it's overkill or current system , but I want this system to be upgradeable over the years , and with that PSU it should be able to take anything I throw at it , plus it has a 7 year warranty ,
Thanks for your help guys :)