New Build freezing in Adobe Suite/Cinema4D

bballjamal

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Problem - Brand new computer. When using Adobe premier cs5, after effects CS5, and Cinema4D, the computer freezes. It hangs up when there's little stress on the cpu or gpu and so far hasn't hung up using any other program (internet explorer is the only other program Ive run). All hardware drivers are up to date as well as software. Also, every 150 words or so typed a letter will hang and retype itself about 10-13characters in internet explorer. (Just noticed this while typing this post)

Comp stats- i7, 3930k 3.2ghz, 16g ram, Dual Adata 120g SSd's in Raid 0, MSI X79A-GD65 8D, GTX 570 GPU

Recently ran a CPU and memory stress test from OcBase.com and Memtest.org. No errors

Still wanting to run a GPU test

Only information I can find online is that it may be a firmware issue from the SSD's with something called Sandforce. I tried downloading the fieldupdater from ADATA to detect the dual S510s but I'm guessing because theyre in Raid 0 they can't be detected for the update. A few posts online have shown that this update has fixed freezing problems for people.

I guess my question here is how can I get the computer to see the SSD's to allow the update. Someone told me it may not see them because its on the OS is operating off of them and i'd need to boot windows from a disc for it to recognize them.

Also, any other ideas on what may be causing these hang-ups? Also the keyboard character hangup?

The computer is under warranty but I have so much work that has to be done this month I can't bring myself to send it back to the westcoast where it was built! Thanks for any advice or help to solving this problem. If any other information is needed please lmk so I can respond back quickly to help diagnose.

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Maybe try a different section of the forums? I've found that this forum is the most reliable source of information from experts. If you are leaning toward a hard drive issue perhaps you may want to give the guys in the Hard Drives forum a try.