PS2 disk reading fault ...help

David

Hi all

My kids PS2 has stopped reading games and DVD's
I have opened the case and cleaned the laser and I have also adjusted the
height of the laser but nothing seams to be working.
On inserting a game or DVD and pressing x up pops no DATA and under that
saying reading disk it then gives up and with the disk read error.

I have also tried the on board Diagnostic Mode with no luck

Thanks in advance
David

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

"David" <no@soz.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>

> My kids PS2 has stopped reading games and DVD's
> I have opened the case and cleaned the laser and I have also adjusted the
> height of the laser but nothing seams to be working.
> On inserting a game or DVD and pressing x up pops no DATA and under that
> saying reading disk it then gives up and with the disk read error.
>
> I have also tried the on board Diagnostic Mode with no luck
>

> Thanks in advance
> David

Pick up an appropriate OPU for you particular PS2 model, (they are pretty
easy to find.)

If that fails, just pick yourself up a new PS2, (it'll probably be cheaper.)

HTH

Paggle

Mluiry

Hey I think you are beginning to have the infamous problem of disc read error. On my console it also happened with only some of the games but then it was all of them. It a problem with the laser lens you have to clean it or replace it.

Here is a good tutorial of how to do it with photos and detailed explanation - Ps2 Disc read error

Good luck

P.S only do this fix if you know what you're doing.