Corsair Obsedian 650d £139.00
GTX 550ti £89
i7-3770 CPU £229
Asus P8Z77-V PRO £154
Komputerbay 16GB 1600MHz (2x8) £66
Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK £83
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB £47
11x disk drive £11

The GTX 550ti is really cheap so unless there is another graphics card thet is better for same price then tell me :) 

Also I kind of want a cheaper case but I have to be able to open it quickly and see through the side plus it has to have a 200mm fan and good airflow -->the obsidian is quite expensive :( 

The CPU is of course the best in this build and I want it to remain there, although should I get a 3770k if i don't know how to overclock it?

The motherboard is expensive but i literally have no idea how much it normally costs. I want to get a cheaper one that will fit all my components currently in this build.

Everything else is as cheap as i can get it but can you use Amazon uk to tell me some improvements! Sorry about the essay! but need alot of help!
Thank you! :) 

More about : gaming build

May 25, 2012 5:00:53 PM

Post some links to your parts.

Some thoughts:

1) Few games use more than 2 or 3 cores, making the hyperthreads of the 3770 largely irrelevant.
A better choice would be the 3750K. I say the "K" to preserve your option to oveclock, raising the multiplier from 3.4 to 4.0 and higher with ease.

2) Most any Z77 motherboard will be suitable. Go cheaper if you find one. Look for Asrock which is a good value.
How many expansion slots do you plan to use?
A ATX motherboard has 7, a M-ATX has 4. Most people need onlu the single pxie X16 slot. Consider a cheaper M-ATX motherboard which will usually be a bit cheaper.
There are some nice M-atcx cases out there.

3) 16gb is more than the gamer needs. 8gb is sufficient.

4) Going cheap on the case is a great way to save. Any case that holds your parts and has two 120mm intake fans should be fine. Why do you need to see inside? You know what is there. Side windows transmit noise, and usually add cost to the case.
But... looks count. You will be looking at the case for some time, they do not go obsolete. In the end, buy the case you love.
Look at the Antec 100/200/300 series for starters.

5) The graphics card is the real engine for gaming. Nothing wrong with a GTX550ti, but spending more here, and less on the cpu will result in better gaming. See if you can't justify a 7850 or GTX670.

6) Corsair is an excellent brand. Do not go cheap on the psu. Other good brands are seasonic, XFX, Antec, and PC P&C.
A 600w psu will be sufficient for any single graphics card.

7) I would consider adding a basic aftermarket cpu cooler like the cm hiper212. The large 120mm fan will keep your cpu cooler and quieter.

8) See if you can't find a place on your budget for a SSD for the os and some games. 60-80gb should do it. A SSD will make everything feel so much quicker.
m
l
May 25, 2012 5:55:52 PM

+1 to everything above.

A gaming PC should have a more powerful card.
m
l
May 25, 2012 5:57:38 PM

Get 8gb of ram, a 3570K, a 550D, and then you should be able to get a card like the 7870, or gtx 670.
m
l
!