Intel E4400 Core 2 Duo vs Intel 6700 Core 2

dlcj21

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
I bought 2 computers off of ebay and both were listed as Intel Core 2 Duo processors.

Upon receiving them I've hooked them both up and here is the information:
Intel E4400 Core 2 Duo (2MB cache, 2.0ghz, 800 mhz fsb)
Intel 6700 Core 2 (4MB cache, 2.66ghz, 1066 mhz fsb)

From all the specs I can find it looks like the 6700 is faster than the e4400 but since bios doesn't list core 2 duo next to the 6700 (note I did find that there is a e6700 that is a core 2 duo but I don't think that's this processor), I'm wondering if it's really a pentium core 2 instead of a core 2 duo? Is there a major difference in how they work? I have read some threads that say a core 2 duo at slower speeds is still faster than a non core 2 duo at faster speeds so I figured I would come out and ask if I should talk to the seller about getting a refund and sending the computer back and buying one with an actual core 2 duo in it?

Yea you should try it on my end. I have been keeping track and deal with reseller and consumers for 9 years now. Someone is always asking about a 965 (which could be a Intel® Pentium® D, an Intel Core i7-965 or a chipset) or some such number that can go with 5 or 6 different things in our history. Heck today half the resellers no longer list the model numbers on the processors that they are using it is always a 3GHz or some such number of which there are 20 or so processors that can fit that and lets not forget the the BOX processors and the Tray processors. Haha sometime I just want to pull my hair out.

dlcj21

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Thanks for the responses. I read those spec sheets but since it didn't have an e infront of it in bios, I assumed it wasn't the one that came from 10q2.

My main question was around the core 2 vs core 2 duo and if I should complain that it was sold as a core 2 duo when it really is a core 2? Given that the everything about the 6700 is faster than the e4400 in bios, I'm just going to keep it and not worry about it.

InvalidError

Titan

Core 2 is/was available in three flavors: Core2Solo, Core2Duo and Core2Quad. The E4400 is from the Core2Duo product line. AFAIK, there is no such thing as a "Core 2" without the Solo/Duo/Quad suffix.