Sign in with
Your question

All Around Upgrade Dell XPS 8300

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2011 4:41:16 PM

I recently purchased a XPS 8300 and as mentioned in all other posts it comes equipped with a HD 6450 graphics card. I intend to use this computer to play SWTOR and know I need a better card and according to Dell the Radeon 6870 card will work on this system. I recently purchased a Powerfolor AX6870 graphics card from Newegg and when I installed it the card was not recognized by Windows. I did follow all instructions including removing the current drivers on the computer. I tried several times and each time the monitor stayed black. I am awaiting a 2nd card but now I am wondering if the card is not the right one for this Dell computer. Has anyone installed one on a XPS 8300 system?

More about : upgrade dell xps 8300

March 15, 2012 9:27:19 PM

Rontaxman said:
I recently purchased a XPS 8300 and as mentioned in all other posts it comes equipped with a HD 6450 graphics card. I intend to use this computer to play SWTOR and know I need a better card and according to Dell the Radeon 6870 card will work on this system. I recently purchased a Powerfolor AX6870 graphics card from Newegg and when I installed it the card was not recognized by Windows. I did follow all instructions including removing the current drivers on the computer. I tried several times and each time the monitor stayed black. I am awaiting a 2nd card but now I am wondering if the card is not the right one for this Dell computer. Has anyone installed one on a XPS 8300 system?

That's the same PC I have and I originally had problems with the new 5770 I installed being found. I finally got it installed and everything working well but for some reason a few programs still only see the original 6450 that was in it and just do not recognize the new 5770 at all.

I don't get it either!
m
l
!