Law firm trolling

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
Does Tom's allow law firms to troll for clients for class action lawsuits here? I thought this was a self & other help non-commercial forum.

The following is posted in cell phones:

"Verizon customers are charged for receiving text messages sent to MiFi or other USB-based wireless internet devices, even though the devices lack a screen with which to view the messages. Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, a law firm based in Seattle, has filed a lawsuit against Verizon on this issue and wants to hear from consumers who have used the MiFi and been charged for spam or other unwanted text messages. Learn more here: hbsslaw.com/verizonmifi"

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
I know that's not my call. But I also know that it is a violation of professonal ethics to violate any local statute, rule or, regarding the internet, terms of use to advertise for clients.
Ambulance chaser anyone??
Anyway the thread has been removed.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
In any case the ad violates the model rules, adopted in 37 states, regarding the necessary information that must be listed for a lawyer's ad: Any communication made pursuant to this rule shall include the name and office address of at least one lawyer or law firm responsible for its content. (Rule 7.2 (c)). It also doesn't meet with the requirement that any ad state where the law firm and/or lkawyer is admitted to practice.