Server software for a photo group

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 24, 2005 3:23:51 AM

I'm looking for some server software that can be used by a large photo
group to display images and record comments. Something like Pixory but
for 300 accounts. My server is running MacOS X so I can run any of the
usual UNIX and Java stuff. A Java web-app would be great but I can have
my current server proxy for a stand-alone photo server.

Here's what I need:
-Users manage photos and albums in their own accounts.
-Unique login for each account.
-Photo albums may be viewed by others.
-Comments may be left with photos.
-Automatic scaling and thumbnail generation.
-Runs on Mac OS X.
-Free or inexpensive.

This would be nice:
-Web interface for uploading.
-Java Web Application.
-Discussion area.
-Calendar.
-Watermarking option on hi-resolution images.
-EXIF display.

Thanks!
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 11:09:11 AM

Thre is Coppermine from http://coppermine.sourceforge.net which I use on
my site http://www.evolver.ca

There is also an addon for phpbb from Smartor
http://smartor.is-root.com/ which is a pretty nice photo album. This
site uses it and has a huge amount of photos
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/album.php

Arek

!