Sign in with
Your question

No sound from audio jacks.

Last response: in Components
May 25, 2012 7:05:15 PM

Not exactly a sound card question persay, but I thought this subforum might be able to help. I'm reposting from the ASRock subforum, since that seemed rather small, I'm hoping to get this fixed. So, without further ado, the repost:

Hello all. Firstly, I have an ASRock Extreme 870.

Now, I had a problem with the video card, and had to mess around with the board. Once I got everything up and running again, I don't receive any sound from my audio jacks, front or back. The computer recognizes that something is plugged into them, but I just don't get any sound. I've tried reinstalling the driver. I've tried unplugging and replugging things from the motherboard. I've tried restoring the default BIOS. I just can't get anything to work.

I can, however, get sound out of my USB headphones.

Can anyone help me?

More about : sound audio jacks

May 25, 2012 8:27:28 PM

What GPU? Maybe it has a audio onboard and shuts down the motherboards audio!
m
l
May 25, 2012 9:20:56 PM

I don't believe thats the issue. The card is a Radeon HD4850X2. The thing is, I've had it for a while, and never had this issue. One of the fans broke so I was messing around with that, that's all. Plus, the card only has DVI and S-Video, so I don't believe it even transfers audio.
m
l
Related resources
May 25, 2012 9:44:50 PM

Turns out it does have them, but they appear as separate devices in the sound devices menu. I disabled them and it doesn't make a difference.
m
l
May 25, 2012 9:46:34 PM

what about sound settings in Control Panel you might have to select the correct device there!
m
l
May 26, 2012 4:42:59 AM

Yup, I did that. Still a no-go.
m
l
!