PW-OK , P.G.

SOMEBODY PLEASE COMPREHEND IT...N LET ME KNOW THE MAX WATT OF MY SMPS
ALSO IF I COULD RUN ATI HD 6670 ON IT OR NOT
SUGGEST ME SOME GFX CARDS IN 100$ WHICH IS RS 5000

More about : power supply

a c 110 U Graphics card
a c 80 ) Power supply
December 10, 2011 7:20:15 PM

Since there is limited information it can range from anything 300-450watts(depending on design)

The 12 volt rails is listed at 204 watts(12V x 17A = 204W)

A 6670 should consume about 50-60 watts at peak load(this is taken from the 12 volt rail as is the power for many other parts of the system such as the cpu). Depending on what else is in the system, it may run(As long as the power supply delivers what it says), but that power supply does not seem that good(about as good as a modern 250Watt unit).

What else is in the system? do you have a picture of this power supplies label?.
Score
a c 547 U Graphics card
a c 1178 ) Power supply
December 10, 2011 8:19:32 PM

Judging by the over-emphasis of power on the +3.3V and +5V rails that power supply is based on an old design with no active PFC. It's probably the 250 Watt power supply that is included in most of iBall's cases.

At least 22 Amps or greater on the combined +12 Volt rails is recommended to reliably power a system running with a Radeon HD 6670.
Score
Related resources
December 10, 2011 9:20:39 PM

nukemaster said:
Since there is limited information it can range from anything 300-450watts(depending on design)

The 12 volt rails is listed at 204 watts(12V x 17A = 204W)

A 6670 should consume about 50-60 watts at peak load(this is taken from the 12 volt rail as is the power for many other parts of the system such as the cpu). Depending on what else is in the system, it may run(As long as the power supply delivers what it says), but that power supply does not seem that good(about as good as a modern 250Watt unit).

What else is in the system? do you have a picture of this power supplies label?.

m having core i3 2.9 ghz
2 gb ddr3 ram
1.5 TB HDD
PCI SLOT 2.0
n yeah i do have a picture of the label...but i have already mentioned all the info contained in that pic...
Score
December 10, 2011 9:23:06 PM

ko888 said:
Judging by the over-emphasis of power on the +3.3V and +5V rails that power supply is based on an old design with no active PFC. It's probably the 250 Watt power supply that is included in most of iBall's cases.

At least 22 Amps or greater on the combined +12 Volt rails is recommended to reliably power a system running with a Radeon HD 6670.

so dude, u mean i wont be able to run 6670...
n yes it is 250 w most probably coz i also google it
can u please do me a favour and let me know the best gfx card for my pc without changing the psu.. that is in 250 w , which gfx cards can i use...
i have already mentioned my pc config in the above post
Score
a c 110 U Graphics card
a c 80 ) Power supply
December 10, 2011 10:38:59 PM

I would like to guess that your current power supply, so long as it delivers the stated wattage would run the card. I say this mostly since even my 2600K @ 4.4 with a 5870 when gaming has a maximum power draw of 269watts(Idle 95-100[honesty very inefficient compared to my media center] 180-185 Prime95, so clearly overclocked 2600Ks are off the table for a 250 watt unit) at the wall(please note I have not done CPU+Video loading, this was just games.)

To add to this, my media center(I5 750 + 5770) with Prime95 + Just Cause2 can not top 180watts.

I am NOT trying to downplay the importants of a good power supply(cheap power supplies are often less reliable and have less voltage regulation) and iBall is to be honest one of the big players. I have seen some cheap products work just fine. Hell i have put some old HP 250Watt bestec power supplies through alot.

It is always safer to have a good power supply then gamble on a no name.
Score

Best solution

a c 547 U Graphics card
a c 1178 ) Power supply
December 10, 2011 11:21:58 PM

It's not the power supply's total wattage that determines whether or not you can run a particular graphics in the system. If you just focus on the power supply's wattage it can mislead you into choosing a graphics card that won't receive adequate power to properly run in the system.

The CPU and graphics card obtain all of their power from the +12 Volt rail so the only power supply specification that really matters is the power supply's combined +12 Volt continuous current rating. The motherboard chipsets, hard disk drive(s), CD/DVD/BR drive(s), CPU cooling fan and case cooling fan(s) also draw power from the +12 Volt rail albeit much less than a CPU or GPU will.

You must also take into account that the power supply will lose some of its capacity over time due to heat degradation of the electronic components within the power supply unit. If you don't take this into account you may one day go to start up a graphics intensive application that use to work and won't work properly anymore because the graphics card is not receiving adequate power.

If you were to use a Radeon HD 6670 in your system I can see up to 16.5 Amps maximum being drawn from the +12 Volt rail. Since the +12 Volt rail of the iBall 250W PSU is rated to deliver a maximum of 17 Amps when new you can already see that there is insufficient allowance allowed for power supply aging. Also running a power supply near its limits will drastically shorten its life because of the large amount of heat generated will rapidly degrade the capacitors.

Look for a Radeon HD 6570 or a Radeon HD 5570 instead or save until you have enough to upgrade both the power supply unit and the graphics card.
a c 110 U Graphics card
a c 80 ) Power supply
December 11, 2011 12:07:24 AM

ko888 said:
If you were to use a Radeon HD 6670 in your system I can see up to 16.5 Amps maximum being drawn from the +12 Volt rail.

I do not want to be an a$%, but how do you get 16.5 amps on a video card that draws under 60(5amps) watts?

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=264
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_6670/20.html

I also did state in the start that the power supplies 12 volt current was in fact limited.

My numbers show that it is hard to even push 180 watts from a system that is more power hungry then that of the OP. That said, even if the full system was 12 volt load(180 watts - at least 80% for power loss in the AC-DC conversion) placed the OP's power supply in range of that card. So long as it delivers what it says it will.

I think I covered all the do at your own risk and 12 volts current = important don't you?

This is not trying to be an A@$, just saying there is no way that card will draw 16.5 amps(unless you have a link to show me that?)

I have done extensive testing with a 5770 and I5 750, 2 components that take more power(12volt and other) then the OP system and can not get it to draw over ~160 watts from the power supply it self.

I respect playing on the safe side, but claiming a card with NO PCI-E power connector drawing more then 75(6.25Amps) watts is vary rare(and makes it not compatible with many boards since 75W was the limit set for cards to take from the slot. New revisions allow more, but not all boards would work if they did that).

Please do not take this as disrespectful.
Score
a c 547 U Graphics card
a c 1178 ) Power supply
December 11, 2011 12:24:41 AM

Not once did I ever say that the graphics card will draw 16.5 Amps. I said the when using that graphics card in the system I could see up to 16.5 Amps being drawn from the +12 Volt rail. I'm talking total system draw on that rail under worse case load conditions.

The Radeon HD 6670 should be drawing less than 4.9 Amps even when running FurMark GPU stress testing.

The CPU under full processing load will draw way more than the graphics card will.
Score
December 12, 2011 5:29:08 AM

Best answer selected by bob_ka_atank.
Score
December 12, 2011 5:30:10 AM

thank you guys for ur help...i am thinking of upgrading to 500 w
what do u think i shud buy
foxin
corsair
i ball
cooler
reply soon