viva_ron_paul

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Ok, so I'm working on a new build. Trying to be informed, prepared, make the wisest choice. After doing my homework, I was left a bit jaw dropped with the horror stories on W7. I'm wondering if I should just say screw it and run back to ol' reliable XP.

What research did I do? I basically went to various sites checking the reviews, including Microsoft. I was left horrified with the oh so many horror stories of Windows7. Good thing I checked though, I found out starter is an absolute joke. And home will cap off your ram at 16gb, which is ok for now but how about down the road? So I figured just shell out the few dollars and go Professional. And then came the controversy over the retail and oem, and all the horror stories on either side, as well.

So I entertained just shelling out for XP Pro on ebay. Wow! It's just as expensive as W7 Pro. Is that because everybody knows it's just as good or better? What gives?

As you can see I'm a bit torn. Throwing my hands up in the air and throwing this to the wind of Tom's Pros. What do you all say . . . any input is welcomed. Thanks.

And when reading reviews, it's best to check the Dates they were posted on....... what you seemed to have read are most probably from the first year of Win 7 coming into the commercial market.
Not the recent ones......At least a quarter of the people here on Tom's will swear by Win 7. So I'd suggest either re-assessing your earlier conclusion or then waiting for Win 8.