PhysX processer(auto select)?

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
hi there,i have a gaming pc with a gtx560 ti gainward golden sample video card,on the nvidia control panel there is an option to select physX processor,it gives the options(auto select,or gtx 560 ti) which one should i choose for best performance,any help is appreciated.thanks

CryptorX

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hi there...

Auto select should be okay but sometimes you might need to select your GPU, i once had a problem with GTA IV that wasn't using my gpu for physicX and the game started lagging. I don't know if it was a problem with the drivers or not but selecting the gpu for physicx manually solved the problem.
Normally physicX should always be on your GPU as the type of operations it processes are always related to physics effects with uses high amounts of floating points data types and cpu are not optimized to work with those type of data, only our gpus dues to their number of processors.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

ahh ok,thanks for the advice,i also have started getting a strange green tint over the screen sometimes when gaming,i restart my pc and its ok,i have no idea what is the cause of that..thanks again

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

im quite sure its not overheat,it looks different to artifacts,its like putting on green sunglasses,the green tint comes over the screen,it sometimes happens when im just playin MW3 and the temps are fine,its strange

CryptorX

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
A greenish hue? Yes... that is strange...
Try going to nvidia control panel and then select (adjust desktop color settings)... then select a different color format, i only have rgb and ycbcr44, so i'd try the second one, maybe you can also try selecting "use nvidia options" where you can calibrate contrast, hue, saturation etc... but i am not sure if it will override games settings, but it's worth a try...

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

thanks,i will try a few different options

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

i noticed the change in the colour on my monitor when i was gaming,when i finish gaming and the temps for my video card reduce,the colour goes back to normal,i will buy a new VGA cable tommorrow to see if that helps,i will add a post after that,thanks

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

the video card is a month old,almost brand new,i need to buy a VGA cable coz i dont have a spare one,i will try that first,the highest temp i have seen is around 80c when playin BF3,i think that is not enough to kill the card,is that right...thanks for the assistance

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

a new VGA cable has fixed the problem,my monitor is not DVI or HDMI so soon i will upgrade to a bigger HDMI monitor,once a gain thanks for the help