BrainPower123

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Dear tomshardware.co.uk,

I have a problem with WEI.

PC:

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 (rev. 1.1)
Intel i7 2600K 3.40Ghz (stock)
G-skill Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL8D-2GBXM (x4)
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC
OCZ Vertex 3 60Gb - faulty one, it doesn't boot the OS now, so I have removed it and using OS from HDD
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
WD Caviar Black 3,5" 1TB SATA 3

My SSD has crashed (10 days old), but prior to that, my WEI went down, especially what I am worried about:

CPU WEI from 7.8 (this is approved by people on lots of forums/reviews, that stock 2600K gets 7.8) went to 7.6. Why can that be?
Same goes for GPU (it went down 0.2) and RAM went down 0.1.

Can someone give an explanation to that? :/

I re-installed windows on my HDD, re-installed all drivers, but the outcome is the same. What can possibly be wrong? The computer is brand new, it was used for 10 days.

striker410

Distinguished
If it works fine, don't worry about it. WEI is crap anyway, it's a useless ranking. Look up some benchmarks if you wanna get a real scale of hwo good your system is, they are much more accurate.

Man, don't worry! Your system is pretty kick ass. Who cares what Windows says? You know it's kick ass, that's all that matters.

Have you done a re-score?

It's possible windows update or some other program was running in the background while you did the WEI scores.

However as striker 410 mentioned - WEI scores aren't that great for telling a system's actual performance.

If you are really worried about your WEI scores - disable everything not needed by windows to run - and re-run your WEI.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Whenever a new product is released like say, the i7-3960k. That is the new 7.9 score at stock. WEI is more of a rank system that take performance as a percentage of your actual score rather than THE score.
So you probably got a windows update or they just recently updated WEI with the new ranks.