Sign in with
Your question

Help with my recently built pc

Last response: in Systems
February 9, 2012 1:58:26 PM

I built my pc about 3 weeks ago and was not having any troubles until I changed out my cpu cooler evga superclock cooler, I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly and had the rubber rings enclosed on the motherboard. I ended up browsing the internet to look for a solution and ended up using malware bytes and ccleaner if I had downloaded anything stupid. It wouldn't boot to windows so I ended up formatting reinstalling windows/drivers just fine and went to sleep. Now it says I have a hard disc read error and will not load the OS. When I try to boot from the CDDVD it takes a long time and currently am now sitting in startup repair. Any help? Do I have a hardware failure? Thanks so much in advance

More about : recently built

February 9, 2012 3:05:42 PM

Sounds like something got screwed up in the BIOS. Try loading defaults and set your primary HD as the boot drive and see what happens.
m
l
February 9, 2012 3:54:21 PM

was finally able to boot to an earlier setting and now installing my vid card driver but it's taking forever. Any reason for this?
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2012 3:59:43 PM

ohyouknow said:
was finally able to boot to an earlier setting and now installing my vid card driver but it's taking forever. Any reason for this?

Are you running Windows in safe mode? That's the only thing I can think of.
m
l
February 9, 2012 9:19:49 PM

Now I got out of safe mode but my computer is very sluggish when opening documents, internet, entering internet search boxes. Is my hard drive failing? or other hardware failure?
m
l
!