Sign in with
Your question

Help with Graphics Card suggestions!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 11, 2011 2:32:41 AM

Hello fellow citizens of the world.

I need help choosing the best video card that will work with my system. money is not an issue. It has a 300 watt power supply and only PCI slots. I'm not sure if the mobo supports AMD cards but i know for sure Nvidia cards will work.

This is a pc from like 2003. I already upgraded the CPU from a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 to a 3.4 GHz hyper thread pentium 4. socket 478(ANCIENT!) and i switched out the 180 watt power supply with a 300 watt power supply. i also went from 256 mb ram to 2 gb ram. and went from windows xp to windows 7. it's been fun turning this piece of *** computer into a half way decent computer for less than 50 bucks.

I just need a graphics card that can run something like half life 2, and then i will not feel bad taking my other pc which i have put more money into. It has a 750 watt psu, 6 gb ram, q9450 quad core, and an asus 570 gtx.

haha. I know it seems kinda shitty, but no one else in my house games on the pc, so if i figured if i'm the only one putting money into it, i could just fix up the crappy one and take the beast one with me when i move out. (so i won't feel guilty.)

dumb story, sorry if it bored you guys, but yeah, any suggestions for the *** pc's graphic card would be much appreciated!

THANKS
December 11, 2011 2:37:07 AM

im getting flashbacks of being a kid, going to walmart with my mommy, and buying a 32 megabyte video card for 60 bucks, just to run counterstrike 1.6
m
l
a c 253 U Graphics card
a c 80 ) Power supply
December 11, 2011 3:02:29 AM

A pci graphics card , really?
m
l
Related resources
a c 253 U Graphics card
a c 80 ) Power supply
December 11, 2011 3:07:36 AM

I don't know what your budget is so the link is to a page of different pci cards so you can choose what you want. Ati , AMD, Radeon and Nvidia will all work , you just have to match up your power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l
December 11, 2011 4:15:48 AM

thanks inzone. Price doesn't matter, i just wanted to know compatibility and performance. I can get an 8400 GS on ebay for like $40 max.
m
l
!