Boot problem: "Warning CPU has changed...."

am10159

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Here is the error: (Paraphrased)

Warning! Your CPU has changed. please change your CMOS setting and remember to save before quit!

I have been looking all over forums, and the solution I found was to replace the CMOS batter with a new one. I tried that, and also reset the BIOS settings to factory defaults, but I still get the error. What is going on?

Now I am also getting another error: Keyboard locked out. Unlock key...

What are the solutions to these 2 errors?

I hope I posted this in the right forum (this is my first post on toms hardware)

thanks a ton in advance

rdc85

Honorable
what hardware in your system? especially the mobo. u could try enter the bios, do nothing (or set everything at auto) and then "save at exit" or something similar.

Usually everything automatically adjusted at the bios.

am10159

Honorable
May 25, 2012

MOBO: ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.4GHz

I have tried a lot of things in the BIOS - entering and just saving and exiting without changing anything, setting everything to factory defaults, turning on and off some settings that might have some effect, but nothing changes, I still get both errors

am10159

Honorable
May 25, 2012
discovered that the processor is missing a pin. I tried another processor on the board and it worked no problem. I guess that pin wasn't very important cause the processor works otherwise