Case with filters. Recommendations?

parable

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I am going to be building a new gaming machine and I want to minimize the dust this time around. What’s a good case with good airflow that has easily removable & washable filters on all intake fans?

Thanks!

Solution
Then I'd go with one of these cases.

If you choose the HAF 932 Advanced Edition, you should know that it is also available with Blue Lighting.

If I were you, I'd go with the HAF 932 Advanced Edition. The biggest difference between it and the HAF X is that it's smaller, but it's also less expensive.

EDIT : You should know that very few cases come with complete dust filters. The HAF X is one of them. The HAF 932 Advanced has some protective material (mesh grill), but it is not much. If you want to cover everything, you'll have to buy something custom.

EDIT #2 : If you want as little dust as possible in your case, you should read this article about Positive vs Negative pressure.

al360ex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hello !

First off, what is you budget ? There's a big difference between a 40$ aluminum case and a 200$ gaming case.
Do you want a mid-tower case or a full-tower ?
What will be your motherboard's size (so we know for sure it will fit in your case) : ATX, E-ATX, Micro-ATX ?
Is noise a factor ? Because the thicker the case, the less noise filters out. The more airy it is, the more noise come out.
Is weight a factor ?

Once I have this information, I'll start shopping for a case that fits your needs.

I can already tell you that I own a Cooler Master HAF X and am very happy with the purchase. There's lots of room and removable dust filters. However, it's very heavy and can be loud if you've got a lot of fans running at full speed and no fan controller.

al360ex

parable

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks for the reply,

I can spend up to say $150 on the case. I like a full tower with lots of room for ATX motherboard. I have an Antec 900 for my PC now and that size or larger is not a problem. Noise is not a huge concern. Weight is not a factor is will not be moving. I want a big roomy case with dust filters if I can to minimize the dust that collects inside the PC from all the fans.

al360ex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Then I'd go with one of these cases.

If you choose the HAF 932 Advanced Edition, you should know that it is also available with Blue Lighting.

If I were you, I'd go with the HAF 932 Advanced Edition. The biggest difference between it and the HAF X is that it's smaller, but it's also less expensive.

EDIT : You should know that very few cases come with complete dust filters. The HAF X is one of them. The HAF 932 Advanced has some protective material (mesh grill), but it is not much. If you want to cover everything, you'll have to buy something custom.

EDIT #2 : If you want as little dust as possible in your case, you should read this article about Positive vs Negative pressure.

Solution

parable

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS