Closed Solved

[ViewSonic Monitor] 1080p increased "motion"

Hi, I just recently built a new computer a got a new monitor as well. I've noticed something recently though. It's happened with a 1080p television I bought a while ago too. Everything, from characters, objects, anything, doesn't really move in real-time, but maybe a fraction of a moment faster. Almost like it's in slight fast forward. This happens when I watch a movie or play a game (Skyrim or the Witcher 2 for instance.)

I'm able to max out ultra settings for both of those games and my monitor and graphics card are below:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA2431WM-24-Inch-Widescreen-Speakers/dp/B003FP7OYM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1321936672&sr=1-1

PowerColor AX6950 2GBD5-2DH Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

I was curious if this is just something one gets used to on a slightly high-end computer or if there's a display setting I can disable or tweak.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about viewsonic monitor 1080p increased motion
  1. Best answer
    On the TV, what you probably experienced was the television extrapolating extra frames to give you a smoother picture, a lot of the HD TVs do that, simulating a refresh rate of 240Hz, making the picture seem to move more smoothly with films, which typically run at 24FPS. The Amazon page doesn't say what the refresh rate of your display is, though judging by the price, I doubt it is a 120Hz display. It's possible that your monitor may have this feature. You can check your display properties to make sure the monitor is refreshing at 60Hz. If so, you are going to have to go through your monitor's menu screens and see if there is an option for emulating higher refresh rates and disable that. This is a setting on the display itself, so there wouldn't be anything in the windows control panel or catalyst control center to help you. If you can't find it, you'll have to check your monitor's documentation to find out how to disable this feature.
  2. Best answer selected by chaosanbu7.
  3. The viewsonic is only a 60hz refresh, like you thought. I'll delve into the display settings once I get home. I reallly appreciate it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Viewsonic Computer Monitors Graphics