InfinityBlaze

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Hello everybody. Recently, whenever I open up a 3D application, I get a BSOD with the error 0x00000F4. I have done some research but have not found anything. Can you please assist? Thank you.

A listing of your rigs specs here would be helpful. A step by step note as to which applications lead to the BSOD would help.
And it would be worth it running a few stress tests for individual components keeping and eye on temps and voltages so as to be able to zero in on the culprit.
Lots of info needed to be actually able to figure out the issue and then solve it.

InfinityBlaze

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Alright. Here are my specs: i7 960, Seagate Barracuda 500GB, GTX 480, Asus Sabertooth X58, DIY Liquid Cooling, 800W Coonix PSU, 12GB DDR3/1600. My GTX 480 idles at a whopping 60C. I only have 1 monitor. The BSODs have been occuring not just when I'm opening up an app now.

Pearlmam

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Check windows 7 event viewer. Search "event viewer" on the task bar to find it and look at the administrative events. These error logs have NEVER ever given me anything useful but its worth a shot. Search the event ID on Google for some more info on the error.

My first instinct on the error was a GPU driver issue since it only happened with 3D applications. Now you say it happens all the time, so who knows. 60C is hot for idle. You either have very poor ventilation or maybe something is wrong...

The main course of action is to stress each component separately. I would update the GPU drivers for good measure and then test RAM, Hard Drive, CPU, GPU. use memtest 86 to test RAM, windows hard drive tester (whatever its called) for the hard drive, Prime95 for the CPU, and I dont know a GPU tester (play a game).