Kelly, I have a question

Hello,

Do you know how to create a shortcut (which I would like to place in my
quick launch bar or on my desktop) to the Stand By mode?
The Stand By mode which is one of the three icons in Turn off computer.

I am running XP Pro SP2 on a laptop.

Many thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about kelly question

    Mike wrote:
    > Do you know how to create a shortcut (which I would like to place in
    > my quick launch bar or on my desktop) to the Stand By mode?
    > The Stand By mode which is one of the three icons in Turn off
    > computer.
    > I am running XP Pro SP2 on a laptop.

    This?

    Start notepad.
    Put this in.

    %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

    Save it as a .cmd file.
    Then double click on it and it.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Thank you Shenan. This puts the laptop in Hibernate mode. Do you know how to
    put it in Stand by mode (wakes on with any key or mouse)?

    Mike wrote:
    > Thank you Shenan. This puts the laptop in Hibernate mode. Do you know
    > how to put it in Stand by mode (wakes on with any key or mouse)?

    Might try Wizmo...
    http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Try this: http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3100/rh3153.htm
    Michael
    "Mike" <jmerk@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Do you know how to create a shortcut (which I would like to place in my
    > quick launch bar or on my desktop) to the Stand By mode?
    > The Stand By mode which is one of the three icons in Turn off computer.
    >
    > I am running XP Pro SP2 on a laptop.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.

Configuration Windows XP