Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Can anyone who uses this respond to the questions below before I go out and drop 80$ on it.

1. How long does 1 full charge last
2. How long does it take to charge it to 100%
3. How long does the battery last and is there any way to get replacements if it fails after 6 months or so.

thanx a lot in advance to anyone who tell me about their personal experience with this mouse.
James

shadowflit

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
1.) Well, that kind of depends how much you're using it per day, no? Maybe 3-4 days with really heavy use? As long as it lasts a full day though...it really doesn't matter. Just chuck it in the charger when you're done.

2.) An hour? Plus or minus a bit.

3.) Erm, the warranty is three years. If your battery dies in 6 months, it'll just necessitate a phone call to logitech.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
k thanks for that, now I'm a lot more confident in buying it.
Since it's lithium the battery doesn't die when you charge it while it still has some charge left right.
Also how is it for gaming.
James

cory1234

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Can anyone who uses this respond to the questions below before I go out and drop 80$ on it.

1. How long does 1 full charge last
2. How long does it take to charge it to 100%
3. How long does the battery last and is there any way to get replacements if it fails after 6 months or so.

thanx a lot in advance to anyone who tell me about their personal experience with this mouse.
James

For gaming its not to good...i use my g5 for gaming..i dont like the scroll wheel for games, but the charge lasts a long time. It can last about 3 days of average use.

shadowflit

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
It certainly isn't the best mouse around for gaming, but its not bad. It helps to reprogram a few of the buttons for games though (keep scroll wheel in click-to-click, get rid of search button, thumb wheel). If you don't find all the controls you want in the logitech panel, try installing uberoptions.

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
1)Lasts about 3-5 days depending on use..Heavy use will grant you 2-3 days max.
2)About 1.5 hour at most
3)As it was posted if the battery dies before the warranty ends, you're covered.

Also As far as gaming goes, I absolutely love it, I had the MX1000 before that, and the main downfall was the weight, but now they shrunk the battery a bit and lightened the components so it's way lighter than it's predecessor.

Also, the side scroll wheel is nice when in Vista since it's used to Flip through opened programs, and the quick search thingie isn't that bad either (highlight a word, press the search button and you get a search result using your favorite search engine, pretty nifty IMO).

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Battery life is good. I just found this mouse to be too big and heavy. The thumb switch could have been placed more forward...I find I have to continuously adjust my hand position to use it. Plus I find I can't use my fingers to move it around like a spider movement. Instead I have to move my entire arm around to use it properly...or at least more wrist movement. If you usually use your entire arm around (less precise) then it would work for you.

Mine is currently gathering dust. I went back to my trusty MX518. Which reminds me...I need to get it up on Ebay soon.

Cheers.

honza

Distinguished
May 6, 2007
If you've got gaming in mind forget everything but the G5 or the G7. No worries about the battery there...