Phenom x6 1055t 2.8 or Phenom x4 980 3.7

Chroned_wind

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hi, i am wondering witch cpu is better for gaming only. I have a gtx 670 and i want to know witch will bottleneck it less and if 4 cores are better for gaming. i have 1055t now oc to 3.5 and in most games my gpu usage is really low it even gets to 35%+ in operation raccoon city and 40%+ in ACR highest i get is 75%max in games like Skyrim, Crysis 2 and BF3 but most are really low so i wanted to know if Phenom x4 980 oc to lets say 4ghz will help me with bottlecking and is better for games because i heard 4 cores are better for games were 6 are for multitasking i only care about gaming i don't do hard multitasking. And please dont say go with intel i would just dont have the money for new motherboard mine supports only ahtlon and phenom (gigabyte 890xa-ud3). Please help out guys and sorry for my english still learning. :)

true a higher clocked processor is better....... but ........ FarCry2 and Crysis2 both ARE both multi thread applications......... as are others. Somebody needs to do their homework. If you already have the 6 core you'll be throwing money away uselessly. ............... you said yours is already overclocked ?.......... next step up would be what you said not to mention..... so I won't.