Phenom x6 1055t 2.8 or Phenom x4 980 3.7

Hi, i am wondering witch cpu is better for gaming only. I have a gtx 670 and i want to know witch will bottleneck it less and if 4 cores are better for gaming. i have 1055t now oc to 3.5 and in most games my gpu usage is really low it even gets to 35%+ in operation raccoon city and 40%+ in ACR highest i get is 75%max in games like Skyrim, Crysis 2 and BF3 but most are really low so i wanted to know if Phenom x4 980 oc to lets say 4ghz will help me with bottlecking and is better for games because i heard 4 cores are better for games were 6 are for multitasking i only care about gaming i don't do hard multitasking. And please dont say go with intel i would just dont have the money for new motherboard mine supports only ahtlon and phenom (gigabyte 890xa-ud3). Please help out guys and sorry for my english still learning. :)
4 answers Last reply
More about phenom 1055t phenom
  1. The higher clocked X4 980 is going to be faster for gaming since games will not be able to use the additional 2 cores on the X6. Very few can use all 4 on the X4.
  2. GPU usage depends mostly on resolution and detail levels. On what resolution do you play and with what detail levels? What is the CPU usage when playing those games?
  3. rolli59 said:
    The higher clocked X4 980 is going to be faster for gaming since games will not be able to use the additional 2 cores on the X6. Very few can use all 4 on the X4.

true a higher clocked processor is better....... but ........ FarCry2 and Crysis2 both ARE both multi thread applications......... as are others. Somebody needs to do their homework. If you already have the 6 core you'll be throwing money away uselessly. ............... you said yours is already overclocked ?.......... next step up would be what you said not to mention..... so I won't.
  4. i play at 1920x1080p i put details to highest in games, how can i see my cpu usage in game i use Precision X for gpu usage but i don't see option to monitor cpu there.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Games Phenom