Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia graphics hardware not in device manager

Last response: in Windows 8
January 20, 2013 7:29:33 PM

Nvidia graphics hardware not in device manager, instead I have microsoft basic display adapter.

This allows for dual monitors to have duplicate display only, does not allow an extended different display.

I tried downloading ever Nvidia diver / chipset, but Windows 8 sets a microsoft basic display adapter and can not locate the graphics driver hardware for updating the nvidia software.
January 20, 2013 7:39:46 PM

Do you have an nvidia (Geforce/GTX/GTS/GT) graphics card in your system?
m
l
January 20, 2013 7:42:23 PM

Did you try Uninstalling all graphics drivers and restarting your computer?
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b Î Nvidia
a b * Windows 8
January 20, 2013 7:44:35 PM

make sure in the bios with the new intel cpu that both chipsets are turned on if not the first chipset set in the bios will be on and the other will be off.
m
l
January 23, 2013 4:35:07 AM

smorizio said:
make sure in the bios with the new intel cpu that both chipsets are turned on if not the first chipset set in the bios will be on and the other will be off.

I cannot access the chipsets in the bios. I am having the same issue. The GeForce website detects my driver but still says Microsoft basic display
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b Î Nvidia
a b * Windows 8
January 23, 2013 11:38:12 AM

make sure you move the video cable from the gpu to the mb video port. till you switch the video display from ipgpu to pci the ipgpu will post the boot screen.
m
l
!