xflop 1.5 full circle has blown its wad prematurely

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 2:18:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

It is obvious the xflop 1.5 full circle has blown its wad prematurely.
Micro$haft has tried in its own peculiar way to try to drum up a hype
machine but it is almost like they have a geek's view of what is
supposed to be cool. It is almost like they are incapable of taking a
bold, imaginative original leap and only know how to copy-monkey ape
what they see as good ideas or try to buy their way into having
something worthwhile or take sequel-like derivative approaches to what
they felt have been mildly successful for them like a more jazzy
driving game or another viral marketing program. They are like somebody
blowing a bugle as loud as possible to get some attention but only
ending up annoying people with loud obnoxious noise.

There has never been a bigger fiasco in the console market. Ever.The
number of stupid, inane, bizzare things Micro$haft has done are beyond
belief. The botched xflop 1.5 full circle project is a once in a
lifetime event people will be talking about for years to come.

Technology. Pricing. Developer Support. Marketing.

You name it, Micro$haft has found some way to screw each of those
things up with the xflop 1.5 full circle. It is almost like Micro$haft
is trying to fail, like they want out of the console market as fast as
possible. The xflop 1.5 full circle launch fiasco is like that famous
Milhous quote from the Simpsons:

"Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know."

Micro$haft is not only not reaching out beyond the existing xflop
fanbase, they seem to be actively discouraging existing xflop owners
from wanting to have anything to do with the xflop 1.5 full circle.
Their perception that getting to market first as an advantage has been
almost totally negated by an almost incomprehensibly inane execution of
every aspect related to console gaming. What a fiasco.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:56:22 AM

Blig Merk wrote:

> blown its wad prematurely

> a geek's view

> incapable of taking a bold, imaginative original leap

> like somebody blowing a bugle as loud as possible to get some attention
> but only ending up annoying people with loud obnoxious noise

> stupid, inane, bizzare things

> trying to fail

> fiasco

> incomprehensibly inane

And thus did Bligmerk's glass house lie in utter ruin.

-Z-
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 3:30:28 PM

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It is obvious the xflop 1.5 full circle has blown its wad prematurely.
> Micro$haft has tried in its own peculiar way to try to drum up a hype
> machine but it is almost like they have a geek's view of what is
> supposed to be cool. It is almost like they are incapable of taking a
> bold, imaginative original leap and only know how to copy-monkey ape
> what they see as good ideas or try to buy their way into having
> something worthwhile or take sequel-like derivative approaches to what
> they felt have been mildly successful for them like a more jazzy
> driving game or another viral marketing program. They are like somebody
> blowing a bugle as loud as possible to get some attention but only
> ending up annoying people with loud obnoxious noise.
>
> There has never been a bigger fiasco in the console market. Ever.The
> number of stupid, inane, bizzare things Micro$haft has done are beyond
> belief. The botched xflop 1.5 full circle project is a once in a
> lifetime event people will be talking about for years to come.
>
> Technology. Pricing. Developer Support. Marketing.
>
> You name it, Micro$haft has found some way to screw each of those
> things up with the xflop 1.5 full circle. It is almost like Micro$haft
> is trying to fail, like they want out of the console market as fast as
> possible. The xflop 1.5 full circle launch fiasco is like that famous
> Milhous quote from the Simpsons:
>
> "Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know."
>
> Micro$haft is not only not reaching out beyond the existing xflop
> fanbase, they seem to be actively discouraging existing xflop owners
> from wanting to have anything to do with the xflop 1.5 full circle.
> Their perception that getting to market first as an advantage has been
> almost totally negated by an almost incomprehensibly inane execution of
> every aspect related to console gaming. What a fiasco.

wow, you really seriously need help dude.
September 16, 2005 5:47:28 PM

Blig Merk wrote:
> It is obvious the xflop 1.5 full circle has blown its wad prematurely.
> Micro$haft has tried in its own peculiar way to try to drum up a hype
> machine but it is almost like they have a geek's view of what is
> supposed to be cool. It is almost like they are incapable of taking a
> bold, imaginative original leap and only know how to copy-monkey ape
> what they see as good ideas or try to buy their way into having
> something worthwhile or take sequel-like derivative approaches to what
> they felt have been mildly successful for them like a more jazzy
> driving game or another viral marketing program. They are like somebody
> blowing a bugle as loud as possible to get some attention but only
> ending up annoying people with loud obnoxious noise.
>
> There has never been a bigger fiasco in the console market. Ever.The
> number of stupid, inane, bizzare things Micro$haft has done are beyond
> belief. The botched xflop 1.5 full circle project is a once in a
> lifetime event people will be talking about for years to come.
>
> Technology. Pricing. Developer Support. Marketing.
>
> You name it, Micro$haft has found some way to screw each of those
> things up with the xflop 1.5 full circle. It is almost like Micro$haft
> is trying to fail, like they want out of the console market as fast as
> possible. The xflop 1.5 full circle launch fiasco is like that famous
> Milhous quote from the Simpsons:
>
> "Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know."
>
> Micro$haft is not only not reaching out beyond the existing xflop
> fanbase, they seem to be actively discouraging existing xflop owners
> from wanting to have anything to do with the xflop 1.5 full circle.
> Their perception that getting to market first as an advantage has been
> almost totally negated by an almost incomprehensibly inane execution of
> every aspect related to console gaming. What a fiasco.

Is this good?

Hakk
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 6:52:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In article <dgeidg$2u6$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>,
please@dont.go says...
> Blig Merk wrote:
> > It is obvious the xflop 1.5 full circle has blown its wad prematurely.
> > Micro$haft has tried in its own peculiar way to try to drum up a hype
> > machine but it is almost like they have a geek's view of what is
> > supposed to be cool. It is almost like they are incapable of taking a
> > bold, imaginative original leap and only know how to copy-monkey ape
> > what they see as good ideas or try to buy their way into having
> > something worthwhile or take sequel-like derivative approaches to what
> > they felt have been mildly successful for them like a more jazzy
> > driving game or another viral marketing program. They are like somebody
> > blowing a bugle as loud as possible to get some attention but only
> > ending up annoying people with loud obnoxious noise.
> >
> > There has never been a bigger fiasco in the console market. Ever.The
> > number of stupid, inane, bizzare things Micro$haft has done are beyond
> > belief. The botched xflop 1.5 full circle project is a once in a
> > lifetime event people will be talking about for years to come.
> >
> > Technology. Pricing. Developer Support. Marketing.
> >
> > You name it, Micro$haft has found some way to screw each of those
> > things up with the xflop 1.5 full circle. It is almost like Micro$haft
> > is trying to fail, like they want out of the console market as fast as
> > possible. The xflop 1.5 full circle launch fiasco is like that famous
> > Milhous quote from the Simpsons:
> >
> > "Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know."
> >
> > Micro$haft is not only not reaching out beyond the existing xflop
> > fanbase, they seem to be actively discouraging existing xflop owners
> > from wanting to have anything to do with the xflop 1.5 full circle.
> > Their perception that getting to market first as an advantage has been
> > almost totally negated by an almost incomprehensibly inane execution of
> > every aspect related to console gaming. What a fiasco.
> >
> Is this good?
>
> Hakk

Only if you're into fiasco's.

Have you noticed how much better the weather is over here? ;)
--

If you feel you can't go on,
Call Someone Now