Battery pack for FZ5?

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 24, 2005 11:26:32 PM

Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
butterflyphoto.com! Finally!

So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
shouldn't get this one?

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

I'm also thinking of buying a second battery pack for the FZ5. For those
of you who have the FZ5: Do you think this is necessary? And, where can I
get a good battery pack for the FZ5, for a lower cost than the $69.99
that butterflyphoto.com is charging?

TIA for your advice!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

More about : battery pack fz5

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 11:26:33 PM

"Eric Babula" <ebabula@care2.coom> wrote in message
> Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
> butterflyphoto.com! Finally!
>
> So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
> ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
> shouldn't get this one?

None that I know of.

> http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

> I'm also thinking of buying a second battery pack for the FZ5. For those
> of you who have the FZ5: Do you think this is necessary? And, where can I
> get a good battery pack for the FZ5, for a lower cost than the $69.99
> that butterflyphoto.com is charging?

My FZ5 definitely needs a second battery! I am looking for a better price.
Please post back if you find a good deal.
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 11:26:33 PM

Eric,

The Panasonic FZ5 is an amazing camera. Works like a big boy, carries
like a l'il point and shoot. 12x stabilized zzzzzooooommmmmm!!!
(purchased at Vann's in Montana, no tax, free shipping, fast service).

Be sure to get a fast SD card. I picked up a SanDisk Ultra II at
Amazon.com for a good price and free shipping. The difference in write
speed in the camera is dramatic compared to the supplied Panasonic SD
card. Do not hobble this race horse with a mediocre speed SD card.

A second battery is a very sensible addition. For me it is a mandatory
accessory.

Try:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com
CTA DB-S002A1B Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# DBS002 · B&H# CTCGAS002A1B $
39.95

or

http://www.bhphotovideo.com
Power-2000 ACD-225 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# ACD225 · B&H# POCGAS002A1B $
39.95

or

http://www.dsmiller.com/html/Digital-Camera-Panasonic-L...
$30.95

or

I recall Amazon.com has a good price on the Energizer ER-D770 for
Panasonic CGA-S002A/1B

Enjoy your new toy!

TR
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 12:30:06 AM

Eric Babula wrote:
> Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
> butterflyphoto.com! Finally!

You will not be disappointed!

> So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
> ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
> shouldn't get this one?
>
> http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

It's not the higher-speed SanDisk Ultra II, which will download a lot
faster in a USB 2.0 hi-speed reader. We also use and recommend the
Kingmax Platinum, also high speed (9/10MB/s).

> I'm also thinking of buying a second battery pack for the FZ5. For
> those of you who have the FZ5: Do you think this is necessary? And,
> where can I get a good battery pack for the FZ5, for a lower cost
> than the $69.99 that butterflyphoto.com is charging?

We got Hahnel, a reliable third-party supplier, but I don't know if they
are available in the US. If you are going to be shooting all day (and
evening), I would definitely get a second battery, and maybe a even third.
I've managed with just two during a full day shoot.

Cheers,
David
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 1:26:43 AM

starcolony wrote:
> Eric,
>
> The Panasonic FZ5 is an amazing camera. Works like a big boy, carries
> like a l'il point and shoot. 12x stabilized zzzzzooooommmmmm!!!
> (purchased at Vann's in Montana, no tax, free shipping, fast service).
>
> Be sure to get a fast SD card. I picked up a SanDisk Ultra II at
> Amazon.com for a good price and free shipping. The difference in write
> speed in the camera is dramatic compared to the supplied Panasonic SD
> card. Do not hobble this race horse with a mediocre speed SD card.
>
> A second battery is a very sensible addition. For me it is a mandatory
> accessory.
>
> Try:
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com
> CTA DB-S002A1B Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
> Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# DBS002 · B&H# CTCGAS002A1B $
> 39.95
>
> or
>
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com
> Power-2000 ACD-225 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
> Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# ACD225 · B&H# POCGAS002A1B $
> 39.95
>
> or
>
> http://www.dsmiller.com/html/Digital-Camera-Panasonic-L...
> $30.95
>
> or
>
> I recall Amazon.com has a good price on the Energizer ER-D770 for
> Panasonic CGA-S002A/1B
>
> Enjoy your new toy!
>
> TR

I agree about the battery. No matter what kind of battery you use,
going out without a spare is tempting fate.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

In article <Xns966092FFF703Cebabulacare2com@24.94.170.102>,
ebabula@care2.coom says...
> Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
> butterflyphoto.com! Finally!
>
> So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
> ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
> shouldn't get this one?
>
> http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

that is a *slow* card by today's standards and will slow your FZ5 and
any future device you want to use it in. (by definition "future devices"
are always faster)

get at least a 45x card
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 3:45:46 PM

"Charles Schuler" <charleschuler@comcast.net> wrote in

> My FZ5 definitely needs a second battery! I am looking for a
> better price. Please post back if you find a good deal.

Take a look at the post from starcolony, in this thread. He has some
good ideas. I think I'll probably go with the Energizer from Amazon.com,
unless I hear a better deal out there. I can also buy the Sandisk Ultra
II SD card from Amazon.com, so I could get them both at once.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA