Blakexeal

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
In my new system built I used a CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply. I ran across something that went unnoticed before considering my mind was more focused on the other internal components and updating my drivers. What I came across was that the power ac plug that hooks into the back of the power supply has a little wiggle room. It doesn't fit snugly. Is this normal for the corsair 750hx? The cord itself is heavier than most. Also if someone else responding to this post has the corsair power ac plug for this model can you please let me know who the manufacturer is?

On my cord it says Xintai xt-202 13A 125v. If that's the proper cord I'd like to verify.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Wrong. I thought the same thing exactly for my Seasonic 750w power supply. You have to push it hard in there. When you put the ac plug in the first time, it takes some effort to push it to make it stay.

G

and having to push it in hard the first time makes my statement wrong how?

again an IEC cable is an IEC cable. spend 10+ years as an audio engineer for live events, then tell me different :p

Blakexeal

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for the timely response Mazchazo and looniam. I gave it a little extra push and it seems to not move around at all now. I guess I was being overly delicate with my components. I had the same issue with plugging in the 24 pin connector. I think I'll prop the excess cord up on something just so the weight isn't snagging on the socket and go about my business. Another situation alleviated by my fellow toms!

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

After a while, you wear out the plastic and you don't have to probably push as hard to get it in there next time.

G

that has absolutely nothing to do with the type of cable.

and lets not deal with probably but facts.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

Idk, based off my experience, the first time I pushed in the ac cable in my psu, it is easier to push it in now after a while. I guess the plastic slowly takes form after heat, time, etc.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

Not saying you were wrong, you could use another cable instead. But, these psu cables are a bit stiff when first plugging them in.