6750 on M3A78-EM?

Hey guys!

I have an AMD Quad Core processor on an ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard.
I am currently using a GeForce GT220 and I want to upgrade my Graphic Card to an ATI Radeon HD 6750.

Will it work on my current motherboard?
Also, do you recommend any other graphic card that is around the same price range as the 6750 ( plus or minus $20 ).
I am not into high demanding games like Far Cry, Metro etc.

EDIT: Or am I better off with the GT220? :S
15 answers Last reply
More about 6750 m3a78
  1. Probably it will. I want to know your PSU. What is it? If your PSU is compatible then I think there should be a high change of a 6750 to work.
  2. refillable said:
    Probably it will. I want to know your PSU. What is it? If your PSU is compatible then I think there should be a high change of a 6750 to work.


    It's a 400W PSU. Also, will a DDR5 card work or do I have to go with a DDR3?
  3. DDR3/DDR5 Does not matter. What brand is the PSU?
  4. refillable said:
    DDR3/DDR5 Does not matter. What brand is the PSU?


    It is a normal cheap PSU. The brand is a local brand here in India called VIP. Should I get a Corsair/Coolermaster 500W PSU instead?
  5. Demonizer666 said:
    It is a normal cheap PSU. The brand is a local brand here in India called VIP. Should I get a Corsair/Coolermaster 500W PSU instead?

    How much does it cost? If it cost more than 2000 rupees I think there is a chance that it will work.
  6. Radeon HD 6750 is good card. Its performance is comparatively equal to

    NVIDIA GTS 450. If you want to by GTS 450 buy an Over Clocked edition with GDDR 5

    memory else HD 6750 (GDDR5) is good choice.
  7. I don't remember how much I got it for! I bought it 3 years ago :S

    So i'll stick to the 6750 then. What should I do about my PSU?
  8. It should be fine I think. I just saw this graph and chart.

  9. Should I go for a Corsair CX500/ Corsair GS600 / Cooler Master 500?
  10. No need Man, That there is the full system power consumption (all components). With this specification:

    CPU: Intel Core i5 680 @ 3.6 GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7
    RAM: 2 x 2 GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1600 @ 1333 MHz
    GPUs: Sapphire HD 6750
    Storage: 50 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    Power Supply: Corsair VX550W
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64
    From overclockers.com

    Should not have much difference than your computer, so It should be fine.
  11. Alright then i'll stick to this cheap VIP PSU? And i'll go ahead with the Sapphire 6750. Thanks a lot! :)
  12. welcome
  13. refillable said:
    DDR3/DDR5 Does not matter. What brand is the PSU?


    Okay my bad, it is a Frontech 450W SMPS and i don't remember how much i got it for. I bought the Sapphire 6750 card and I just wanted to confirm if i can use it or not.
    Please tell me if I need another power supply.
    My specs:

    AMD Phenom 9550 Processor
    ASUS M3A78-EM Mobo
    2GB DDR2 RAM (Going to make it 4GB after upgrading to 64bit OS)
    Frontech 450W Supply
    300GB HDD
  14. refillable said:
    No need Man, That there is the full system power consumption (all components). With this specification:

    CPU: Intel Core i5 680 @ 3.6 GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7
    RAM: 2 x 2 GB G.Skill ECO DDR3-1600 @ 1333 MHz
    GPUs: Sapphire HD 6750
    Storage: 50 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    Power Supply: Corsair VX550W
    Operating System: Windows 7 x64
    From overclockers.com

    Should not have much difference than your computer, so It should be fine.


    Hi there..

    Well I just crossed this post, and I have been looking for days for the GPU thats fitting my needs, and i thought about the card as spoken in here. The 1. question: how did you manage to retrive such Graph for you components wattage consumption?

    my specs is:

    CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.1 GHz
    RAM: 1x2GB @ 1333 MHz 1x4 GB @ 1333 MHz
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce 405 1 Gb DDR3 (about 25w consumption)
    HDD: 1 TB SATA
    PSU: CiT 500w MicroATX ( Originally: HIPRO Hp-A250AA0 250w)
    OS: Windows 7 x64

    2 question: Will my PSU be able to run this 6750 GPU? im having a MicroATX case and im limited to a single slot GPU, which I've have seen this card is made for also, along with duel slots. I have taken some PSU Calculators and if i add the 6750 as my GPU it says i need a PSU at about 320 - 370w. But can I trust those facts and compared to what you say that Demonizer66's 300w PSU can run the 6750?
  15. iMich said:
    Hi there..

    Well I just crossed this post, and I have been looking for days for the GPU thats fitting my needs, and i thought about the card as spoken in here. The 1. question: how did you manage to retrive such Graph for you components wattage consumption?

    my specs is:

    CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.1 GHz
    RAM: 1x2GB @ 1333 MHz 1x4 GB @ 1333 MHz
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce 405 1 Gb DDR3 (about 25w consumption)
    HDD: 1 TB SATA
    PSU: CiT 500w MicroATX ( Originally: HIPRO Hp-A250AA0 250w)
    OS: Windows 7 x64

    2 question: Will my PSU be able to run this 6750 GPU? im having a MicroATX case and im limited to a single slot GPU, which I've have seen this card is made for also, along with duel slots. I have taken some PSU Calculators and if i add the 6750 as my GPU it says i need a PSU at about 320 - 370w. But can I trust those facts and compared to what you say that Demonizer66's 300w PSU can run the 6750?


    It's not 300W, it's 450W and I think I will have to change it because when playing high demanding games my UPS starts beeping for some reason. I'll probably have to upgrade to a better PSU from a reputed brand. Mostly 500W! And also get a decent cabinet that can cool easily.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics