Problems with images etc

sweettea

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I am new to the computer lingo so please bare with me, I have an emachines ET1810-01 Windows Vista, Graphics by Nvidia. My images some time are blurred, they have loss of color and such. Some sites some images show up and then other don't. Emachines customer service chat didn't help, only got me to download a video player that didn't work then told me it would be $100 to send it off to them so they could check it out. Any one that can help would be a blessing, I have been dealing with the problem for about a year, nothing has changed except I was lucky late one night it all my images on website worked until the next morning. Do I need a new graphics card or is the problem worse such as no hope for my computer? Thanks a bunch everyone!

ravesaint5

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
A very simple suggestion which you've probably tried but, did you check your connection between your monitor and your PC? It may be a little loose. That, or your monitor may be the issue. Not too sure, but they're just suggestions.

sweettea

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I believe it's the VGA cord you are talking about? Forgive me if the name is wrong but I did disconnect and reconnect both the cord to my monitor and from my tower, neither were loose and didn't fix the problem. I've been reading that Nvidia graphics cards have been having this problems for years but the company doesn't see it as a problem and therefore hasn't fixed it. Could this be the problem? It only seems to happen when I'm online though. If I send a picture from my phone to my email it downloads fine and the pictures already on my computer are fine but online if I try to search for a picture of anything it's messed up, either blurry or washed out but some parts still have a pastel color to them, if that makes sense. Sometimes the little smileys on here will do the same and sometimes they come up just fine. It's very confusing and I have no clue what to do with it, I don't wanna take it in to a repair shop and them act like its a huge deal with me not knowing a lot about computers and get stiffed if it's something that I can get a friend to fix.