Which one should i upgrade first [Gaming PC]

saster_182

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
HI all, i just want some suggestion, what components should i upgrade first for gaming pc. Currently, my rig setup is like this

AMD x4 955 be oc to 3.6GHz CPU
M4ATD785M-Evo Motherboard
HD6950 2Gb GPU
4Gb x 2 DDR3 Ram

driver of gpu already update to the latest, motherboard bios also flashed to the latest. But when im playing some decent games, such as Batman, sometimes it stop/lag when teleporting/enter building. Compared to my notebook [i5-2430 with GT540M 1Gb] which no such problem when playing same game.

Hopefully can guide/suggest me. Thanks.

Solution
No real worthy hardware update at this point with your current specs :)
Well...SSD is worth considering if you do not have any :)

The only worthy update you can get right now is:
i7 3930 + X79...but from the price point of view...nope!!

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Your components all look quite well balanced and I can't see anything that would be causing a bottleneck or in game lag.

When entering a building the game is most likely having to load that next section of the game/map which is why there's a very slight delay. Haven't had much chance to game recently, but a faster HDD or SSD would most likely minimise or even eliminate this loading issue.

As for upgrades, it really depends how much you have to spend.

If your PSU/Mobo can handle it, a second 6950 might be a worthwhile option. Other than that, possibly a shift over to Intel - save your money for a little while longer and see what Intel has to offer with IvyBridge.

saster_182

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012

i will consider ssd first.. and will saving up for intel setup.. :bounce: :bounce: