Could this be a motherboard problem?

syrum8486

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hi all,
I purchased a gigabyte radeon 6870 a couple months ago and have been having rebooting issues during games. I know its not the card because i have bought 2 of them, one from gigabyte, the other was from HIS(returned this one because it was reaching 91 degrees so i thought that was my problem). Its not the PSU because I've tried 2 different 600w power supplies and all reboot my comp still. All my temps are not going above 65 degrees for both the GPU and CPU. Memtest is showing no errors. Furmark runs for hours no problem. I have installed/uninstalled drivers a hundred times and used driver sweeper in safe mode.

Ive been following this testing guide that i found: http://www.tested.com/news/how-to-stress-test-your-hardware-and-keep-your-pc-stable/762/

I guess my question is if all these testing methods are coming up negative, would that suggest my motherboard is faulty/ cant handle the power from the PSU?

System specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II quad core 3.0ghz
Ram: 8 gigs
H-RS880-uATX (Aloe) motherboard
Graphics: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1gb ddr5
HDD: Seagate 1 TB, 7200 rpm, SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
PSU: Corsair GS600(this is the new one. bought it to test and see if it was a PSU issue. The other was a cheap x-power but as i have found out, isn't the issue)

Thanks in advance for the reply! Oh and yes, I did search the forum to see if others were having this problem and for the most part it was their PSU. Which is why I bought the Corsair one above. That didn't fix it so I'm at a loss.