Status
Not open for further replies.

clintster442

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Sorry for the horrible terminology. I just completed building my PC (specs in sig) and for the absolute life of me I cannot get SLI to enable. Nothing I do works. I want to 'reset' everything and start over; erase Windows, format/wipe harddrive/reset BIOs settings/remove all drivers and installed software, remove all profiles and clocks from video cards and memory and cpu, etc. Basically I want to get it back to the first time I pushed the power button and start over.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks for the help fellas.

Have you tried interchanging the Dual 560's in their slots?
Also, use GPUz and send us the first page screen shot for both the GPUs...
in their respective slots.

Otherwise, if you really want to go ahead and redo the whole thing.
Remove the CMOS battery Clear CMOS. When unplugged from the Mains Power Outlet.
That ought to get rid of all the BIOS changes and profiles etc etc.
Boot the rig into BIOS change the Boot sequence to ODD first.
Use a Bootable CD/DVD and remove all partitions from the HDD.
Start again by Installing the OS after that.

clintster442

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I have tried switching the cards in the slots. I even went to Fry's and bought a third card just to make sure n eof mine wasn't bad (just got them from Newegg on Tuesday). I tried to make a YouTube video of the process but the damn thing wouldn't upload. Here are the GPU-Z screen shoots, they appear to be identical. When I enable SLI, all the screens go black and then one screen comes back on and NV Control Panel 'stops responding'. When I go into my device manager, its showing a Code 43 for one of the cards which is a hardware fault I believe.

GPU-Z.jpg

Have you tried uninstalling the Nvidia Drivers completely, using the Driver-sweeper utility.
Try this for one last go...
1.Download the latest Driver set from Nvidia, the complete Pack.
2.Uninstall Nvidia Drivers completely.
3.Shutdown Rig.
4.Remove the second GPU from the rig.
5.Boot into the system, Install the New Nvidia Drivers. Let them configure the GPU that you have inserted inside.
6.Shutdown Rig. Insert Second GPU, Power Cord in it.
7.Start Rig. Let it configure and install the drivers for the second card.
8.reboot. And then try to SLI them using the NVCPL.
Post the result
9.If it does not work. Then put on the SLI Bridge. And try to SLI them in the NVCPL again.
10.If you have a spare SLI bridge lying around try it. It could also be that the one you're using now is defective. No broken, but, defective.

clintster442

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I am attempting to upload the youtube video again so that you can see exactly what is happening.
I was live chat with nvidia all day yesterday and the guy i was talking to said he had to elevate it. didnt hear back from them today.
I live chatted with asus who suggested that i uninstall my drivers and remove one video card and reinstall and reboot and then install the second video card and allow windows to install/configure the driver for that card itself. I tried that, same result.
There are no settings in my BIOs that I can see pertaining to SLI or the primary PCIe slots. The is an option to enable iGPU multimonitor support but it is specifically for Lucid Logix Virtu which I am nt using. I also do not have any displays connected to the onboard GPU.
My monitors are all identical Dell s2409w's. I ran a monitor test on them and they all have the identical native resolution, refresh rate, color depth, and sync and are all setup exactly the same.
SLI bridge was supplied with mobo and is attached to the first set of goldfingers (closest to the mobo). I have tried it on the outter set as well, same result.
I have tried booting with one monitor connected and the two cards installed witht he bridge, same result.
I am probably leaving something out but I have been at this for like 40 hours so I am beyond frustrated. When you spend $1,500 on components, you expect them to just work, you know?

Thanks for any help you can give.

clintster442

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I have uninstalled them but not with the driver sweeper utility. I also have not tried to enable sli without the bridge attached. I will try this. Should I have all my monitors connected when trying this procedure or just one?

clintster442

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Damn, it almost worked this time. When o hit apply I actually saw the little picture of the chip before the screen went black and I lost my resolution. Could it be because I do not have 3d? Should I remove the 3D components of the driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.