We have...

Grumpy9117
aford10
4ryan6
tecmo34
Gman450
acer0169
EXT64

Just to name a few. What's with the numbers? Do they actually mean anything?
Were there 9116 persons using Grumpy, so he had to go with 9117? Etc...

G

My number goes back to the days when I worked for a company called Calma that was owned by General Electric. I was an Application Engineer and I was assigned 9117 as my AE number. The first time I used 9117 was when I signed up for an AIM screename and just plain Grumpy wasn't available so I added 9117. I've used it ever since.

tecmo34

Administrator
For me, I am a fan of Tecmo Bowl / Super Tecmo Bowl from back in the day on NES/SNES, which gave me tecmo. 34 came from the # I wore back in high school sports after the late great Walter Payton. He was my sports idol growing up, as a kid (followed by MJ when I got older).

I live in the country and have cats, a dog and chickens. The cats are the most fun although the chickens will make a guy laugh once in awhile.
The term "Curiosity killed the cat" hasn't happened yet, but sometimes I wonder why not.
They're not stupid. They easily outsmart a dog. Only a big clumsy dog would chase a nimble cat around a pool and be unable to maneuver fast enough and land in the water... every time.. I mean it's a daily thing. Dumb dog just won't learn.

To the others... thanks. An inquiring mind needs to know.

A man of the feline. I like that. It seems that a lot of guys these days have a cat and I'm one of them. I've got 6 of them (mostly outdoors though, so it's not a problem as far as the house goes). I as well find them to be cleverer than dogs. Good for keeping the local rodent population non-existent and good company as well.

For sure. The dog... he can't even fetch a ball without dropping it at least twice, but the cats.. whole 'nother story. They catch a rodent that is not only pretty quick, but in fear for it's life ta'boot, and the cats win. :D
I see how high the cats will climb a tree at night using a laser pointer. :lol:

I have 2 cats myself. Used to have 3. I had to put one down about 3 weeks ago (had him for about 16 years. The others, they live like kings in my house. I don't mind a dog that knows how to behave, but I'm a cat person too.

randomizer

Champion
My parents' dog catches rodents. I am fairly sure it could circumnavigate a pool too, probably faster than a cat. Just got to make sure there's no water on the ground, because it makes turns like it wants to join the Moto GP.

I have a cat and two German Shepherds and the cat rules the roost. She's 15 now and like the five others before her, is called Kleo - as in Kleopatraxox. No dog in its right mind dares go near her in anger and she has me wrapped around her paw. In this house, the old adage is true; "dogs have owners - cats have staff".

Is it called Casey by any chance?

The 64 in mine came from 64 bit. The first serious computer I built I called the 'Extreme 64'. It had (has I guess, all the parts are still in use, though not necessarily togehter) an Athlon 64 3800+.