We have...

Grumpy9117
aford10
4ryan6
tecmo34
Gman450
acer0169
EXT64

Just to name a few. What's with the numbers? Do they actually mean anything?
Were there 9116 persons using Grumpy, so he had to go with 9117? Etc...

14 answers Last reply
More about numbers person
  1. My number goes back to the days when I worked for a company called Calma that was owned by General Electric. I was an Application Engineer and I was assigned 9117 as my AE number. The first time I used 9117 was when I signed up for an AIM screename and just plain Grumpy wasn't available so I added 9117. I've used it ever since.
  2. For me, I am a fan of Tecmo Bowl / Super Tecmo Bowl from back in the day on NES/SNES, which gave me tecmo. 34 came from the # I wore back in high school sports after the late great Walter Payton. He was my sports idol growing up, as a kid (followed by MJ when I got older).
  3. It was my baseball number back in HS. I started using it for my username back in the day, and it's just stuck with me since.

What's with you and cats? ;)
  4. aford10 said:

What's with you and cats?

I live in the country and have cats, a dog and chickens. The cats are the most fun although the chickens will make a guy laugh once in awhile.
    The term "Curiosity killed the cat" hasn't happened yet, but sometimes I wonder why not.
    They're not stupid. They easily outsmart a dog. Only a big clumsy dog would chase a nimble cat around a pool and be unable to maneuver fast enough and land in the water... every time.. I mean it's a daily thing. Dumb dog just won't learn.

To the others... thanks. An inquiring mind needs to know.

5. A man of the feline. I like that. It seems that a lot of guys these days have a cat and I'm one of them. I've got 6 of them (mostly outdoors though, so it's not a problem as far as the house goes). I as well find them to be cleverer than dogs. Good for keeping the local rodent population non-existent and good company as well.
  6. buwish said:
    . I as well find them to be cleverer than dogs. Good for keeping the local rodent population non-existent and good company as well.

For sure. The dog... he can't even fetch a ball without dropping it at least twice, but the cats.. whole 'nother story. They catch a rodent that is not only pretty quick, but in fear for it's life ta'boot, and the cats win. :D
    I see how high the cats will climb a tree at night using a laser pointer. :lol:

7. I have 2 cats myself. Used to have 3. I had to put one down about 3 weeks ago (had him for about 16 years. The others, they live like kings in my house. I don't mind a dog that knows how to behave, but I'm a cat person too.
  8. My parents' dog catches rodents. I am fairly sure it could circumnavigate a pool too, probably faster than a cat. Just got to make sure there's no water on the ground, because it makes turns like it wants to join the Moto GP.
  9. Cats are superior swimmers, even if they don't like it.
  10. O yes, cats are excellent swimmers, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgsrT8Z924

It's a big one, but you get the point.

11. I have a cat and two German Shepherds and the cat rules the roost. She's 15 now and like the five others before her, is called Kleo - as in Kleopatraxox. No dog in its right mind dares go near her in anger and she has me wrapped around her paw. In this house, the old adage is true; "dogs have owners - cats have staff".

12. randomizer said:
    My parents' dog catches rodents. I am fairly sure it could circumnavigate a pool too, probably faster than a cat. Just got to make sure there's no water on the ground, because it makes turns like it wants to join the Moto GP.

Is it called Casey by any chance?
  13. The 64 in mine came from 64 bit. The first serious computer I built I called the 'Extreme 64'. It had (has I guess, all the parts are still in use, though not necessarily togehter) an Athlon 64 3800+.
  14. Mousemonkey said:
    Is it called Casey by any chance?

No, but that would be very funny :)
Ask a new question

Read More

NIC Acer Tom's Hardware