Graphics performance

ssj_jake

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
i have a lenovo thinkpad edge 13' it has a i3 processor with 1.33 ghz . my computer has no graphics card and relys on the integrated graphics . this i3 graphics card will not support any game that runs on direct x but it can run games that open with open gl . i am not sure what my problem is but i also have a desktop which i will be playing most games on now but i still would like to get to the bottom of this problem

DM186

Splendid
Your Thinkpad was designed for business and schooling. Do to that there are a lot of games that can't be played including the any game requiring direct x.

You don't have a i3 graphics card that is your cpu. You have an intergraded graphics card GMA4500M according to the web site on the thinkpad.

You should be able to play puzzels and card games etc. Your best bet is to play on your desk top for the big games.

I have a Dell note book and the biggest games I can play is Zuma and chess now there are laptops that can handle the big games but they are designed to do that.

I hope this has been a little help. I don't know everything but from my experince with my notebook that is what I shared with you. and Good luck

DM186

Splendid

hey thanks for helping I to now know more than I did.

cbag

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

onlive is your best bet, mate

www.onlive.com

First of all, that laptop is actually designed not for gaming, it is actually designed for students, college or university works. Like homework, printing, playing easy games.

You can play little 3D games with that integrated GPU, example: like Need for Speed Most wanted on low quality, PES 2012 in low quality, minecraft in low quality or FIFA 12 in low quality. Others seems to be not fine, lets take example of Dirt 3, Starcraft, World of warcraft, etc. In the GMA 4500M system the fps is 10 and with low quality, so it is completely unplayable.

If you want to play something 2D, or Online gams then that is OK. Take a look at small games such as Zuma, Plant vs Zombie, miniclip.com, etc. It will work flawlessly.