ATI HD 6870 1GB: which Brand?

I'm upgrading from a XFX ATI 5770 1GB to a 6870 1GB, I'm not sure what model to purchase. XFX cards worked for me in the past with no problems, but I see this MSI model with 2 fans, and a gigabyte model with 3 fans. Does this potentially mean a quieter noise level on load? (I love quiet computers) Which one will give me the best performance? Best warranty? Price isn't a huge factor, and I don't plan on overclocking. I will be playing titles such as Skyrim, SWTOR, and battlefield 3 at 1900x1200. The models I'm considering are below, feel free to suggest any that aren't here.

XFX HD687AZHFC AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card

6870TWINFROZRII AMD Radeon HD 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card

GV-R687OC-1GD AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card

(let me know if links don't work)
PC specs
AMD Phenom ii x4 975 @ 3.6 ghz
4GB PNY DDR3 RAM 1333Mhz
GA-880GM-UD2H Socket AM3 880G mATX Motherboard
XFX 5770 1GB
750W Thermaltake PSU
7 answers Last reply
More about 6870 brand
  1. Rule out the XFX it is going to be loudest! I personally would get the MSI and I have seen a lot of folks recommend it here.
  2. I've just heard some interesting things about the MSI, it gets to 90 degrees Celsius on load for some people. Anyone want to explain this?
  3. From reviews I've read of other MSI Twin Frozr cards, it seems that the fans stay at low RPM's when under stress. It's not a big issue, you just need to use MSI Afterburner or Catalyst Control Center to increase the fan speed.
  4. I made a thread about it here:

not sure if that helps any though :)
  5. ive just got the newer sapphire oc dirt 3 edition with 2 fans and reviewers seem to think this is the most refined version to date and its whisper quiet too
  6. i almost got the twin frozr 2 but this was in a local shop so im impatient and couldnt wait but glad i got that one , each card manufacturer seems to have their own gimmick about their own cards when really they are all very similar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ATI Graphics Product