edifice

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hello guys,

I have recently upgraded my rig to now include 12gb of RAM Corsair vengeance 1800mhz and a Sapphire 7970 GPU. The rest of my system is as follows, Gigabyte X58 UD3R revision 1 mobo coupled with an i7 930.

I just want peoples opinion please of how long can I expect this to play latest games a 1920 x 1080? I was told by some people on a previous post that my CPU at stock 2.8ghz would cause a bottleneck, I can assure that is not the case, and compared to the 6gb of ocz RAM and the 5870 I was using, it goes like stink! I was hoping to get maybe 3 or so more years out of this?! I am not expecting exact dates etc, just whatever your opinions would be if you were me?!

Thanks.

Well... your CPU would become your bottleneck if you were to have one, but at 1920x1080 you are probably ok. Your PC would respond very well to overclocking the i7 930 if you do decide to and this is about the only change I would consider making. You are good for a while to come unless you decide to buy a new monitor and increase resolution...

TRENDING THREADS