GRAPHICS CARD COMPATIBLE WITH M CABLE CARD

figimo

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hello,
MEDIA CENTER ADVISOR SAYS MY ATI RADEON 4300-4500 IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CABLE CARD INSTALL- WHAT BUDGET CARD IS SUITABLE?

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
First, don't use all caps since it looks arrogant...

But back to your question, What is your motherboard? What CPU you have and What Graphic Card you currently have?
I need more Info if you want an correct and precise answer.

Use Windows + R and type in dxdiag, then post all then information in the first screen.

figimo

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Sorry about the caps,a bad typist not arrogant.

intel i3-2100
gigabyte h67m-d2-b3
win 7 pro 64
ATI Radeon 4350

Is that a USB cable card tuner? Did not even know they made those.

Kind of surprised you can not use a 4350 since it can even hardware accelerate bluray and upscale DVD's. Clearly it does not have all the features(video enhancements) of the better cards.

Wonder if my provider has cable card. My ATI 650 USB is not that good at all and i could cut out the cable box.

How do you have your TV or Monitor connected?

figimo

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
yes, it's a USB cable card tuner and that's what I'm trying to do, cut the cable box. I'll loose on demand, on screen guide but can record and watch live HD tv and eliminate a $16.95 per month cable box and get a free cable card and a $2.50 /mo equipment credit. windows media center has a utility that cks to see if you have the equipment necessary and the 4350 failed. As far as I can determine the 4350 is HDCP compliant which is one of the main requirements. All else is ok. The hauppauge will connect to tv via HDMI,

New Egg had the tuner on sale at $119 (after $20 rebate) so I figure 7-8 month pay back plus whatever the graphics card sets me back.

figimo

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Got a new Graphics card (Galaxy GT 520). Still no picture just sound. Talked to Hauppauge and they suggested trying older drivers and after going back 3 updates on the graphics card everything is working beautifully!

Glad you got it working, Shame you had to go through all that, but at least its figured.

Still thinking of getting a Cable Card setup my self it they have it here.