Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

TMobile vs Cingular Internet (data) service

Tags:
  • GSM
  • Laptops
  • Cingular
  • Internet
  • Product
Last response: in Technologies
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 15, 2005 10:48:26 PM

I'm currently trying out the unlimited Cingular data plan (got the PC
card that goes in my laptop) and it's a bit pricey at $80/month plus
adding a (line) to my existing cell plan which really makes it
something like $100/month. I'm eyeing the Tmobile service that also
uses GRSM and has a PC card for my laptop but am wondering if anyone
call tell me their experiences with the Tmobile service. At $30/month I
figure there's got to be a catch. Also, do they zing you by requiring
you to sign up for a phone plan for the PC card like Cingular
apparently does? Comments from those in Southern California would be
even better though I'd be happy to hear anyone and everyone's
experiences.

Thanks,

-joni-

More about : tmobile cingular internet data service

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 20, 2005 5:42:00 AM

<jonichu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently trying out the unlimited Cingular data plan (got the PC
> card that goes in my laptop) and it's a bit pricey at $80/month plus
> adding a (line) to my existing cell plan which really makes it
> something like $100/month. I'm eyeing the Tmobile service that also
> uses GRSM and has a PC card for my laptop but am wondering if anyone
> call tell me their experiences with the Tmobile service. At $30/month I
> figure there's got to be a catch. Also, do they zing you by requiring
> you to sign up for a phone plan for the PC card like Cingular
> apparently does? Comments from those in Southern California would be
> even better though I'd be happy to hear anyone and everyone's
> experiences.

I have a PC Card that is on T-Mobile. I use it when in hotels and motels
that have poor telephone lines and thus a slow connection to anything
Dial-Up. Also I use it when a hotel charges for local calls. I have used it
all over the United States and with very few exceptions I have been able to
get about a 56k transfer rate.

I agree the $80 that AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, and Sprint all charge is
outrageous. There is no additional charges over and above the $29.99 other
than taxes. IF you have a T-Mobile phone and an existing plan, the PC Card
is only a $19.99 add on.

I have recommended about 40 freinds and co-workers buy the T-Mobile service
and only one has had a bad experience and it was all his fault and had
nothing to do with the service offered. But he is sometimes a jerk and
doesn't listen when told something..