TMobile vs Cingular Internet (data) service

I'm currently trying out the unlimited Cingular data plan (got the PC
card that goes in my laptop) and it's a bit pricey at $80/month plus
adding a (line) to my existing cell plan which really makes it
something like $100/month. I'm eyeing the Tmobile service that also
uses GRSM and has a PC card for my laptop but am wondering if anyone
call tell me their experiences with the Tmobile service. At $30/month I
figure there's got to be a catch. Also, do they zing you by requiring
you to sign up for a phone plan for the PC card like Cingular
apparently does? Comments from those in Southern California would be
even better though I'd be happy to hear anyone and everyone's
experiences.

Thanks,

-joni-
1 answer Last reply
More about tmobile cingular internet data service

    <jonichu@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm currently trying out the unlimited Cingular data plan (got the PC
    > card that goes in my laptop) and it's a bit pricey at $80/month plus
    > adding a (line) to my existing cell plan which really makes it
    > something like $100/month. I'm eyeing the Tmobile service that also
    > uses GRSM and has a PC card for my laptop but am wondering if anyone
    > call tell me their experiences with the Tmobile service. At $30/month I
    > figure there's got to be a catch. Also, do they zing you by requiring
    > you to sign up for a phone plan for the PC card like Cingular
    > apparently does? Comments from those in Southern California would be
    > even better though I'd be happy to hear anyone and everyone's
    > experiences.

    I have a PC Card that is on T-Mobile. I use it when in hotels and motels
    that have poor telephone lines and thus a slow connection to anything
    Dial-Up. Also I use it when a hotel charges for local calls. I have used it
    all over the United States and with very few exceptions I have been able to
    get about a 56k transfer rate.

    I agree the $80 that AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, and Sprint all charge is
    outrageous. There is no additional charges over and above the $29.99 other
    than taxes. IF you have a T-Mobile phone and an existing plan, the PC Card
    is only a $19.99 add on.

    I have recommended about 40 freinds and co-workers buy the T-Mobile service
    and only one has had a bad experience and it was all his fault and had
    nothing to do with the service offered. But he is sometimes a jerk and
    doesn't listen when told something..

GSM Laptops Cingular Internet Product