Will 2 devices on the same graphics card affect the image?

Newjy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
I currently have a LCD TV hooked up with my graphics card on my PC with an HDMI cable. The DVI port is hooked up with my monitor on the same graphics card on the same PC. Will the graphics card with 2 devices running on it affect the image on my monitor? I had my monitor as the same display before, but now my option in Windows 7 is to "Duplicate these displays" so it displays the same image on both my monitor and TV. For instance, if I only had my monitor hooked up with a DVI cable to my graphics card, would it be a better image than my monitor hooked up with a DVI cable AND a TV hooked up to my graphics card with an HDMI cable? Please let me know, thanks.

One thing that running two monitors off of a single card will do, is increase the heat created by that card. With AMD cards, the won't idle at as low of clock settings, while Nvidia's cards don't show higher clock speeds, they still get much hotter, so I'm not sure what is happening, but they are affected as well.

Performance wise, I'm not sure there is a difference. It may take away a small amount of video ram, which can affect performance in some cases.