Phone exchange program

Last response: in Network Providers
July 9, 2005 5:23:25 PM

I exchanged my V551 with cingula pnone exchange because it had a small
problem with the bluetooth system. The phone worked fine. The exchange
worked fine, they sent me a new phone and I retured the old one. On my next
bill I found I was charged $225 because they found it was water damaged. The
phone had never seen a drop of water in the six months I owned it. I want to
know if any others have had a problem with the exchange program. There is no
way to prove the phone was ok. Customer no service has been no help.

More about : phone exchange program

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 1:44:59 AM

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 13:23:25 GMT, "O'Curran" <ocurran@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I exchanged my V551 with cingula pnone exchange because it had a small
>problem with the bluetooth system. The phone worked fine. The exchange
>worked fine, they sent me a new phone and I retured the old one. On my next
>bill I found I was charged $225 because they found it was water damaged. The
>phone had never seen a drop of water in the six months I owned it. I want to
>know if any others have had a problem with the exchange program. There is no
>way to prove the phone was ok. Customer no service has been no help.

Didn't have that problem but I had a T720 that went bad. I purchased
it new from Cingular and the replacement they sent was a remanufauted
phone. When that one didn't work right either. I called and recieved
another reconditioned phone. Then I was informed that the one year
warranty started when I purchased the (new) phone and when I recieved
the third I only had one week left on the warranty. Now this phone
doesn't work right either. Just to let you know, in my case customer
service is no help at all.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 10:09:27 AM

In <hdQze.7138$aY6.2519@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Sat, 09 Jul 2005
13:23:25 GMT, "O'Curran" <ocurran@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I exchanged my V551 with cingula pnone exchange because it had a small
>problem with the bluetooth system. The phone worked fine. The exchange
>worked fine, they sent me a new phone and I retured the old one. On my next
>bill I found I was charged $225 because they found it was water damaged. The
>phone had never seen a drop of water in the six months I owned it. I want to
>know if any others have had a problem with the exchange program. There is no
>way to prove the phone was ok. Customer no service has been no help.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

July 11, 2005 5:10:02 PM

First, I think you want to deal locally with Cingular stores so that you can
walk in and physically hand them the phone and walk out with the
replacement. Screw that monthly "I hope the credit shows in two billing
cycles" bullshit. We as consumers take all the risk and are at their mercy
for anything they feel like saying.

Next, consider yourself lucky. They could have just said they never
received the return and charged you that way since you sent it through the
mail.

!