Solved

Window 7 installtion not showing Hard drive partition

Tags:
  • Partition
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 7, 2012 11:20:39 AM

As some of you may know i encountered the infamous "BOOTMGR MISSING" error which i could find no fix for and decided to do a fresh install of the OS.
Now at the Windows 7 Installation i selected the language and then selected Custom install and get a page asking which hard drive partition i would like to install the OS on. Now here is where somethings wrong. The only thing listed is the 100mb System reserved partition. How do i get the other partitions listed,

Note : I've got a external HDD dock with which i can connect my Hard Disk to my laptop. and when i do, i can see all the other partitions.

Im kind of in the middle of the installation here and prompt replies would be appreciated

Thanks

More about : window installtion showing hard drive partition

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2012 1:07:10 PM

I would use the HDD dock to back up all needed Data... then delete all partitions... repartition and install.
January 7, 2012 2:37:13 PM

Exactly what i did, got the appropriate partitions to show but now another problem has arisen, the next step shows copying windows file(100%) and then expanding files and it hangs at 0%, after like 15mins or so i get the error code 0x80070017. Theres never smooth sailing for me. :??: 
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 7, 2012 2:44:01 PM

I would run MEMTEST over night.
m
l
January 7, 2012 2:55:00 PM

do you mean the memory diagnostic tool in the recovery tools where start up repair and system recovery are found or the one found where safe mode/ last known good configuration etc?

Thanks for the quick reply
m
l
January 7, 2012 3:44:17 PM

You dont have to answer that, figured out both are the same thing.... will keep it on over night and post results if theres a problem detected
m
l
January 12, 2012 12:14:45 PM

Ok so i ran MEMTEST overnight, No errors detected.
I burned the os onto 12 different DVDs with low writing speeds and used different softwares and different brands of DVDs but none seemed to get me passed the issue
Finally i used the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool and it worked like a charm
Thanks for everything.
m
l
October 18, 2012 2:58:23 PM

i have the same problem but mines has no partition listed at all and i dont kno what windows 7 usb/dvd download tool is so can anyone help me please
m
l
October 18, 2012 3:32:05 PM

jamal0401 said:
i have the same problem but mines has no partition listed at all and i dont kno what windows 7 usb/dvd download tool is so can anyone help me please

10 months since i opened this topic. Anyway

I would first either install the hard drive on a working pc and see if i can access it, or connect it to a pc via a External dock
Do you have data on the hard drive or is it a new one?
How did you come to this problem, as in what made you install a fresh copy of windows?

m
l
October 18, 2012 3:41:27 PM

i had vista on my laptop and i tried to put 7 on it and i think something went wrong there and with a external deck can i connect it to another laptop to check it?
m
l
October 28, 2012 5:07:39 AM

Best answer selected by Ch0$3n0n3.
m
l
!