Window 7 installtion not showing Hard drive partition

As some of you may know i encountered the infamous "BOOTMGR MISSING" error which i could find no fix for and decided to do a fresh install of the OS.
Now at the Windows 7 Installation i selected the language and then selected Custom install and get a page asking which hard drive partition i would like to install the OS on. Now here is where somethings wrong. The only thing listed is the 100mb System reserved partition. How do i get the other partitions listed,

Note : I've got a external HDD dock with which i can connect my Hard Disk to my laptop. and when i do, i can see all the other partitions.

Im kind of in the middle of the installation here and prompt replies would be appreciated

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about window installtion showing hard drive partition
  1. Exactly what i did, got the appropriate partitions to show but now another problem has arisen, the next step shows copying windows file(100%) and then expanding files and it hangs at 0%, after like 15mins or so i get the error code 0x80070017. Theres never smooth sailing for me. :??:
  2. do you mean the memory diagnostic tool in the recovery tools where start up repair and system recovery are found or the one found where safe mode/ last known good configuration etc?

Thanks for the quick reply
  3. You dont have to answer that, figured out both are the same thing.... will keep it on over night and post results if theres a problem detected
  4. Ok so i ran MEMTEST overnight, No errors detected.
    I burned the os onto 12 different DVDs with low writing speeds and used different softwares and different brands of DVDs but none seemed to get me passed the issue
    Finally i used the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool and it worked like a charm
    Thanks for everything.
  5. i have the same problem but mines has no partition listed at all and i dont kno what windows 7 usb/dvd download tool is so can anyone help me please
  6. jamal0401 said:
    i have the same problem but mines has no partition listed at all and i dont kno what windows 7 usb/dvd download tool is so can anyone help me please

10 months since i opened this topic. Anyway

I would first either install the hard drive on a working pc and see if i can access it, or connect it to a pc via a External dock
    Do you have data on the hard drive or is it a new one?
    How did you come to this problem, as in what made you install a fresh copy of windows?
  7. i had vista on my laptop and i tried to put 7 on it and i think something went wrong there and with a external deck can i connect it to another laptop to check it?
  8. Best answer selected by Ch0$3n0n3.
Ask a new question

Read More

Partition Hard Drives Windows 7