Microstutter Have you seen it and is it that bad?

Since this article http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,review-32256.html not many people recommend crossfire and SLi setups but I have not seen many people say they have noticed it, and wondered if anyone can they they either can't notice it or can and how bad it is.
I am mainly asking as I plan to upgrade early next year. I used to have crossfire 4870s and never noticed it, I don't know if it wasn't a problem on older cards.
Please let me know your experience and please only post results you have seen not opinions or numbers.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I had crossfire 4850s. I definitely noticed micro stutter and hated always having to deal with non-optimized drivers when games were first released. I also notice micro stutter with DVDs and Blu-rays running at 60hz (or any other rate that 24 doesn't divide evenly into).

I think the problem has always existed. If you didn't notice it with your 4870s and it doesn't bother you with DVDs/Bluray then you should probably be fine in the future.

The article notes that it only happens at low framerates, it could be that your 4870s can handle most games at the resolution you play at.