csebasti

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
I'm working on my first build, and have already bought some components, and have most others picked out. I'm still undecided on the case, and looking for a little advice from those with experience. I'll be installing an Asrock Z77 Pro4, i7-3770k, and Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

I've narrowed it down to the following three cases. This was mainly based on price, USB3.0, and looks.

Antec Gaming Series One $58 - Good price, seems to have good features, but I think it's at the bottom of the list for me for looks. But, as people always say, looks aren't everything.

Corsair Carbide 300R $65 - Not too thrilled with the large mesh panel on top, but otherwise like this case. It has fewer HDD bays, but that likely won't be an issue for me.

Rosewill Redbone U3 $55 - I'm a little concerned about fitting the CPU cooler in this case. But I like the looks of the case, and that it has eSATA on the front. I think this has no support for mounting an SSD though, and reviews say the side fan is loud.

Prices include shipping and sales/rebates.

Any thoughts on those? Or any other recommendation at similar price?

csebasti

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012

Thanks for the suggestions, but both of those are USB 2.0 on the front. As I said in the original post, I'm specifically looking for USB3.0 on the front. If the front USB on the Antec 300 can easily be swapped for USB3.0 at a reasonable price, then that would be an option. Is that possible?

csebasti

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
Not yet, but will be buying a USB 3.0 card reader for pulling pictures off my CF cards. I'm probably also going to buy a hard drive dock for using bare hard drives for backup, and would like to get either USB3.0 or eSATA for that.