ChaosOmegaZero

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Hello, I am have been wanting to build my first HTPC for a while now and wanted to know what would be recommended , I would be using this HTPC to mostly watch 1080p Blue ray movies/anime and wanted to use Dolphin/Pcx2 emulators to get a better resolution for my collection of games and wanted to know what you guys would recommend for around 500-600$? if this is asked in the wrong category please forgive me as I am new.

Hello and welcome,
yes I think your post would belong more in the systems forum.

Anyhow, I believe a typical htpc goes with something like micro atx with i3 cpu, not sure how powerful the gpu needs to be. Do a search or browse around the homebuild or new build of the systems forum (one of the first group at the top). The HTPC topics pop up in there from time to time, I'm sure you'll be able to find something as an example that would be able to start you off.

ChaosOmegaZero

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: (this month if possible)
Budget Range: (400-600)
System Usage from Most to Least Important: (PCX2(PS2 emulator),HTPC(1080p BD Anime/Movies,Dolphin(Wii/GC emulator), Some PC gaming mostly from steam though)
Parts Not Required: (keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS)
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (newegg.com / amazon.com / ebay.com)
Parts Preferences: (none really although if there are better parts and would save me the time I'd prefer to spend 30-50$ more)
Overclocking: (Yes)
SLI or Crossfire: (Yes)
Additional Comments: (I would mostly be using this computer to watch 1080p Blueray anime/movies collection ; to play my PS2/Wii/GC games using PCx2/dolphin emulator ; and play steam games at a decent framerate)